Nice column by Canzano

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: Nice column by Canzano

Post by alxtw »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
nogerO wrote:I still think if Royce Freeman plays in that game, we win it.
To me, MC’s biggest mistake was having Royce give the team a motivational speech. I was watching that before the game and it looked like team wasn’t reacting at all to what he was saying. Not a good decision by MC.

As for my biggest concern after the bowl game, it was the playcalling. So conservative and it wasn’t aggressive until it was too late. I heard from a reliable inside source that Justin Herbert was so mad on the sideline cause he felt like the playcalling wasn’t doing anything for them. I agree to give the coaching staff some time, but if we see playcalling like that again it’ll be another loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Royce certainly would have helped but it wouldn't have guaranteed a win. The snakeoil salesman Slick came in and did what he does best. Built up alot of hype, created alot of flash and enthusiasm, and got everyone thinking we are already a top 15 team because of some recruiting success. We really haven't proven and accomplished much on the field yet and are not like a top 15 program, which is consistently good.

Imo, our biggest mistake was approaching this game while still focusing and flying out on recruiting. A win would have been our biggest help in recruiting and showed recruits that the new program and staff have not digressed and are on a uptrend.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
nogerO wrote:I still think if Royce Freeman plays in that game, we win it.
To me, MC’s biggest mistake was having Royce give the team a motivational speech. I was watching that before the game and it looked like team wasn’t reacting at all to what he was saying. Not a good decision by MC.

As for my biggest concern after the bowl game, it was the playcalling. So conservative and it wasn’t aggressive until it was too late. I heard from a reliable inside source that Justin Herbert was so mad on the sideline cause he felt like the playcalling wasn’t doing anything for them. I agree to give the coaching staff some time, but if we see playcalling like that again it’ll be another loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was weird for Royce to finally decide to be a team leader for the last game in which he wasn't even playing
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Reading this thread, it seems like there's concern about Cristobal. I have no idea if he will lead us to Pac-12 titles or set the program back a few years. But, I'm sure excited to see what happens. It's too early to say you're giving him the benefit of the doubt, there's really not much to go on. Let's see what we feel like at this time next year.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I think people are concerned about the offense. The culture will be different (in a GREAT way). The defense is in a good position under Leavitt. The big question mark is the offense and that was not helped by the bowl game.