Marcus gets praise on ESPN

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Marcus gets praise on ESPN

Post by Merganzer »

On today's "My Favorite Athlete of All Time..at this moment" segment of "Get Up" Marcus Mariota was recognized for his greatness at a Special Olympics Event hosted by the Titans. At the event Marcus stayed and threw passes until every kid caught one, which took multiple throws to multiple kids. Marcus being Marcus.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Marcus gets praise on ESPN

Post by Duck07 »

The video was posted in another thread but he does these kind of things quite often. The team has staffers who routinely tell Marcus it's time to go after staying to sign autographs for kids and I seem to recall an article in the RG about him doing something similar at the Y in S. Eugene when he was in school. Alana and Toa did a great job.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Duck07 wrote:The video was posted in another thread but he does these kind of things quite often. The team has staffers who routinely tell Marcus it's time to go after staying to sign autographs for kids and I seem to recall an article in the RG about him doing something similar at the Y in S. Eugene when he was in school. Alana and Toa did a great job.
More then just football this is why he is my all time favorite duck in any sport.
Anatinae
One Star Recruit

Post by Anatinae »

The most negative story I can remember about Marcus was when he got a speeding ticket after he spent too long at a Boys & Girls Club and was late getting back to Eugene.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Anatinae wrote:The most negative story I can remember about Marcus was when he got a speeding ticket after he spent too long at a Boys & Girls Club and was late getting back to Eugene.
That actually was a joke, he was at the coast with his girlfriend that day, but still, even Marcus needs a day off sometimes!

But yes, Marcus is truly something special, a true athlete for kids to look up to, not these other guys like Odell Beckham Jr and James Harden and Twitter king Kevin Durant. Marcus truly is a legend in multiple ways and the best duck ever in all sports both on camera and off camera. The sports world needs more Marcus Mariotas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

OregonFan4Life wrote:But yes, Marcus is truly something special, a true athlete for kids to look up to, not these other guys like Odell Beckham Jr and James Harden and Twitter king Kevin Durant. Marcus truly is a legend in multiple ways and the best duck ever in all sports both on camera and off camera. The sports world needs more Marcus Mariotas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang! Where's the thumbs up button on this site??