Hopefully the PAC 12 officiating this fall

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Hopefully the PAC 12 officiating this fall

Post by woundedknees »

elevates itself above the level of

"Can I do it, till I need glasses?"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Hopefully the PAC 12 officiating this fall

Post by rsbgduck »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wounded, I know you’ve been at this way longer than me and I can’t think of one year watching any Pac-12 FB game and thinking they DIDN’T need glasses. It is by far the worst officiating group in the nation at any level, it might even top Oregon’s HS officials :lol: . I love your enthusiasm and optimism, I just don’t want you to start the season out with disappointment. I would like to say we can always dream but dreams need to be obtainable, not easy but not impossible.

Go Ducks!!!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Pass interference over the years has just killed Oregon in particular. That Wazzu game last year was a nightmare.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It just seems as if PAC12 refs have perennially treated officiating like b grade Hammer film from the glory days of horror movies.
There are other time's it's like watching outtakes of the 3 Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, and the Keystone Kops... without the humor.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I always wonder what schemes they are planning during their "meetings".

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

in the 50 plus years i have been watching duck sports i can never
think of a time i thought now theres a great group of officials in any sport.
The problem in football and basketball the pac-12's officials are so different
from any other league. So when the ducks play out of conference they will find
themselves at a disadvantage. In basketball Booker Turner was the worse of the worst.
It's something the pac-12 higher up's need to address because its a big problem.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfan22 wrote:in the 50 plus years i have been watching duck sports i can never
themselves at a disadvantage. In basketball Booker Turner was the worse of the worst.
It's something the pac-12 higher up's need to address because its a big problem.
That's the thing, our reffing is way different (especially in football). Most other conference games I watch, the referees are more transparent.

Also, part of it is a lack of consistency. I was watching 76ers/Heat last game, and the refs let them play. There was a lot of physicality both ways, but they called it the same on both sides. At the end of the day, that's the most important thing to me. Because after about 10 minutes of play, you get how the game is gonna be called and can adjust. I go nuts when you are calling pass interference on one team for small touches, and then guys are getting mauled on the other side, but nothing is called (aka Pac-12 refs).

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:in the 50 plus years i have been watching duck sports i can never
That's the thing, our reffing is way different (especially in football). Most other conference games I watch, the referees are more transparent.

Also, part of it is a lack of consistency. I was watching 76ers/Heat last game, and the refs let them play. There was a lot of physicality both ways, but they called it the same on both sides. At the end of the day, that's the most important thing to me. Because after about 10 minutes of play, you get how the game is gonna be called and can adjust. When I go nuts is when you are calling pass interference on one team for small touches, and then guys are getting mauled on the other side, but nothing is called (aka Pac-12 refs).
agree the other thing is the calls change at half time. There just isnt any ryme or
reason for how they call things.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfan22 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Also, part of it is a lack of consistency. I was watching 76ers/Heat last game, and the refs let them play. There was a lot of physicality both ways, but they called it the same on both sides. At the end of the day, that's the most important thing to me. Because after about 10 minutes of play, you get how the game is gonna be called and can adjust. When I go nuts is when you are calling pass interference on one team for small touches, and then guys are getting mauled on the other side, but nothing is called (aka Pac-12 refs).
agree the other thing is the calls change at half time. There just isnt any ryme or
reason for how they call things.
Yes, or randomly multiple times throughout a game. :lol:

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

in basketball one of the biggest problems is the two officials making calls
from half court on plays under the basketball with the baseline ref looking
and just sucking on his whistle.