duckfan96
Senior

Elliot to transfer

Post by duckfan96 »

Well that sucks. Best of luck to him
greenyellow

Re: Elliot to transfer

Post by greenyellow »

Sucks to see them lose another 2018 recruit but it does open another spot for the 2019 class. As of now (with Elliott's departure taken into account), it looks like Oregon has 60 scholarship players currently on the roster, 16 incoming recruits, and 3 grad transfers. The unconfirmed statuses of Hall and Leiato could drop the amount of scholarship players by 2 while adding Warmack and potentially other transfers could get Oregon to around 80 scholarship players by the start of fall camp. With just the amount of SRs on the team (8 or 9 depending on Leiato's status), they for sure have 19 scholarships for the 2019 class, but potentially more should players leave early for the draft or transfer.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I just can't see them taking leiato's scholarship for removing a parking boot. A game, sure, but let's not go overboard.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

That’s nuts. Four months in and already bailing?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounds like he has a kid back home, so that's playing into this.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like he has a kid back home, so that's playing into this.
Ok that makes sense then. If that’s the case, good on him for going home to be closer. Hopefully he can land at a Power 5 school out there and have himself a nice career.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The odd part is he was an early enrollee. If being at home was so important why come out months before he actually needed to?

I declare: An Unsolved Mystery.

The 2018 recruiting cycle had a disappointing close followed by some early exits. It will go into Fall Camp about 4th ranked in the conference. Hopefully there will be a better than average boom to bust ratio for the remainder. I am really surprised that Chip and his disdain for recruiting rainmakers would end up with a higher ranked recruiting class this fall.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

How was elliot’s play in spring practice this year? We have a lot of depth at rb, so it may have been a while before he cracked the rotation.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like he has a kid back home, so that's playing into this.
Ok that makes sense then. If that’s the case, good on him for going home to be closer. Hopefully he can land at a Power 5 school out there and have himself a nice career.
Yup makes sense, and there's no way all our RBs on the roster would stay and all see playing time. Someone had to leave. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Yup makes sense, and there's no way all our RBs on the roster would stay and all see playing time. Someone had to leave. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

If this is the case then I don’t blame him at all. I’m 37 and couldn’t imagine not seeing my kids for more than a few days at a time
That being said; when I do get away from the little monsters for the rare vacation ITS GLORIOUS!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Good luck to him, family is important so it seems like he’s making the right decision. Hope he finds success in football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk