GrantDuck
Senior

Huge changes to Redshirt rules

Post by GrantDuck »

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Huge changes to Redshirt rules

Post by Tray Dub »

Wow, you're right, that is huge. You can now play in up to four games and still count the season as a redshirt and preserve extra year of eligibility.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Will be nice for freshmen. Coaches will be able to get them out there intentionally for four games to get them some reps.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Will be nice for freshmen. Coaches will be able to get them out there intentionally for four games to get them some reps.
Or to possibly bring players in at the end of seasons when they need depth due to injuries. This is something that's a win-win for the most part.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I am on the road so didn’t take time to read the article I assume the red shirt year with four games played is good for any year? A junior can take it, a sophomore can take it?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't see anything that rules PSAs out due to their year in school.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Yep, like pez says it doesn't appear to be limited to freshmen. Will be great for guys that go down early in the year with a season-ending injury (and who aren't eligible for a medical redshirt).
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Great deal! What an easy solution for season ending injuries early on, as well as reps for young players.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

And why didn't they come up with this years ago? Stupid NCAA needs to go the way of the dinosaurs...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

nogerO wrote:And why didn't they come up with this years ago? Stupid NCAA needs to go the way of the dinosaurs...
I understand the sentiment but what would take their place? Not sure I want the SEC running things even more than they do now.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

maxduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:And why didn't they come up with this years ago? Stupid NCAA needs to go the way of the dinosaurs...
I understand the sentiment but what would take their place? Not sure I want the SEC running things even more than they do now.

Oh I don't know, maybe each school from the power 5 conferences send a rep to a college football committee. Tired of some out of touch archaic corrupt institution running things and dispensing disproportionate punishment on a whim. Just a thought. Anyone else?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine