Sad news about Fotu Leiato

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Sad news about Fotu Leiato

Post by TualatinDuck »

Bet Coach Joe is not a happy camper today.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Not sure we know all the details here yet. Are we sure the kid moved his body? I have not seen any details yet so probably best we don't make any assumptions about what is a horrible tragedy all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:Not sure we know all the details here yet. Are we sure the kid moved his body? I have not seen any details yet so probably best we don't make any assumptions about what is a horrible tragedy all around.

Yes, the only thing I'm finding is Pedro, the driver, was taken to the hospital, later charged with DUII and he lied to the police saying he had no passengers. Foto was found 5 hours later by someone going by. But it sure smells, I hope he didn't drag him to the bushes.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:
lmduck wrote:Not sure we know all the details here yet. Are we sure the kid moved his body? I have not seen any details yet so probably best we don't make any assumptions about what is a horrible tragedy all around.

Yes, the only thing I'm finding is Pedro, the driver, was taken to the hospital, later charged with DUII and he lied to the police saying he had no passengers. Foto was found 5 hours later by someone going by. But it sure smells, I hope he didn't drag him to the bushes.
Hope so too Alan. It's a pretty ugly situation and I would expect more details will surface next week but based on what we know now this has all the makings of a homicide. Just horrible.

I have to think that MC and Leavitt are taking this pretty hard.

Just no words for this.

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Alan wrote:

My thought is maybe the driver thought Fotu got up and left? That’s all the kid would need trying to find another school and scholarship, to be involved in a rollover car wreck even as a passenger. I seriously doubt the kid would of had the time to get out of the car and drag Fotu into the bushes, especially after waking up the whole complex with the wreck.

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Whether he was ejected or dragged out, you hate to think that he was unconscious but still alive and died because he didn’t receive prompt medical care.

This is heartbreaking. I feel so bad for his family.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Whether he was ejected or dragged out, you hate to think that he was unconscious but still alive and died because he didn’t receive prompt medical care.

This is heartbreaking. I feel so bad for his family.
The thought that he may have suffered for some time after the crash is one of the worst things about the whole incident.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The driver of the vehicle Leiato was traveling in has been arrested:
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

That's really all they can charge him with. Anything higher would get dropped in a plea or not be able to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt. He will serve some time, probably 4-7 years.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TualatinDuck wrote:That's really all they can charge him with. Anything higher would get dropped in a plea or not be able to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt. He will serve some time, probably 4-7 years.
I'm sure they'll add a few more and he'll likely end up getting slightly more than that.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

From the story...If convicted, the minimum prison sentence for first-degree manslaughter in Oregon is 10 years.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index. ... iver_index
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:That's really all they can charge him with. Anything higher would get dropped in a plea or not be able to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt. He will serve some time, probably 4-7 years.
I'm sure they'll add a few more and he'll likely end up getting slightly more than that.
I agree, more charges will follow, right now they have man slaughter, enough to hold him and end the risk of him taking off.