New Ducks uniforms?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: New Ducks uniforms?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Nice, I really like the second one with the yellow inside. Those match much better with all of our pants and helmets than the other white jersey IMO.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

buckmarkduck wrote:They've said not all the unis have been released. I saw a white helmet on a tweet, and the wings looked like darker green, not Kelly green.
Yeah, that mockup with the white helmet made the rounds shortly after the unveil, but Kenny Farr (the EQ Administrator for the football program) replied to someone on twitter saying that the helmet was not correct. That could either mean that there is a white helmet in the works, but that the one on the mockup image wasn’t correct, or that there isn’t a white helmet in the works at all (probably the more likely scenario). Also, Dan Boyer, the guy who’s done all of the cartoony illustrations and videos for the athletic department over the last year+, said that there was no mention or sight of that white helmet at the uniform reveal event that was held.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Here’s some more combos I could see them wearing at some point:
The yellow/green/green is really nice IMO, and would bring back memories from the 2014 Civil War. The green/green/white is decent, as is the black/green/black. The neon logos on the black pants do clash a bit with the green jerseys, but I think it’d be passable, especially if they wore the black and neon cleats as well. I think the neon on the black pants clashes a bit too much with the yellow jerseys, though, so I hope they don’t go black/yellow/black with this new set. And lastly the black/white/yellow is just a random combo I came up with that I think would look decent, but not as good as some of the other possible road combos.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

upperV03 wrote:Here’s some more combos I could see them wearing at some point:
The yellow/green/green is really nice IMO, and would bring back memories from the 2014 Civil War. The green/green/white is decent, as is the black/green/black. The neon logos on the black pants do clash a bit with the green jerseys, but I think it’d be passable, especially if they wore the black and neon cleats as well. I think the neon on the black pants clashes a bit too much with the yellow jerseys, though, so I hope they don’t go black/yellow/black with this new set. And lastly the black/white/yellow is just a random combo I came up with that I think would look decent, but not as good as some of the other possible road combos.
I like the fried egg combo. Yellow & white looks fresh.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

The Ducks are breaking in their yellow/grey game cleats in practice today, which basically confirms that they’ll be wearing the new yellow uniforms on Saturday:
Most likely they’ll just go all-yellow since this is the first game with the new set, but they could always switch it up and go with either the black or chrome helmets instead of the yellow helmets.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

MJ Cunningham showed off his game-ready yellow helmet on his Instagram story a little while ago:
This basically confirms that they’ll be wearing the yellow helmets and going all-yellow on Saturday. The EQ staff is likely prepping the yellow helmets for the players to wear in their walk through practice tomorrow.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice can't wait to see the yellows soon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

So who is making these helmets? It doesn't look like the original maker still.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:So who is making these helmets? It doesn't look like the original maker still.
Supposedly it's some company that Nike has partial or full ownership in that can do many of the same things as HGI could, but without the exorbitant prices and poor customer service.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:So who is making these helmets? It doesn't look like the original maker still.
Supposedly it's some company that Nike has partial or full ownership in that can do many of the same things as HGI could, but without the exorbitant prices and poor customer service.
Based on the quality one can see, they definitely cannot do what HGI can do.

upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

As expected, the Ducks are going all-yellow on Saturday:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Based on the quality one can see, they definitely cannot do what HGI can do.

It could also just be that they wanted metallic, not chrome, wings on these versions. Whoever did their helmets last year and now this season have proven they can do chrome helmets when asked.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The new company's abilities simply aren't what HGI's are (I have zero affiliation with the company - I just think it's not even a conversation about which produces higher quality work; a company with proprietary methods/technology or one that doesn't).

The silver helmet you posted is by far the best of the new company's, in large part because the silver makes it less apparent that the wings look stickered on because the two colors are close. But here's HGI's comparable versions of that helmet.

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

StevensTechU wrote:The new company's abilities simply aren't what HGI's are (I have zero affiliation with the company - I just think it's not even a conversation about which produces higher quality work; a company with proprietary methods/technology or one that doesn't).

The silver helmet you posted is by far the best of the new company's, in large part because the silver makes it less apparent that the wings look stickered on because the two colors are close. But here's HGI's comparable versions of that helmet.
I thought the rumor was that they were trying to mend that relationship.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I hope, but I have no idea. I've been pretty checked-out most of the offseason.