New Ducks uniforms?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: New Ducks uniforms?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:The uniforms have grown on me. I liked them initially, but I like them more now - even the yellow.

I'd like to see some of the combos later in the season instead of just the color rush, one color style. Yellow helmet/Green jersey/Yellow pants is a must for me at least once per season.
My thoughts exactly.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

All-black for Week 3:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Here we go! These are the ones I'm most curious to see.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Some more uniform speculation:

Dallas Warmack was asked what uniforms he's most excited for, and he said the unreleased Jordan ones. Someone then found a tweet from July from Kenny Farr, the head of equipment, quoting an Oklahoma Jordan shoe reveal and hinting that Oregon has more. Someone also said there's another black uniform for the UCLA game.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Some more uniform speculation:

Dallas Warmack was asked what uniforms he's most excited for, and he said the unreleased Jordan ones. Someone then found a tweet from July from Kenny Farr, the head of equipment, quoting an Oklahoma Jordan shoe reveal and hinting that Oregon has more. Someone also said there's another black uniform for the UCLA game.
When/where was Warmack asked that? I can’t find it on his Twitter, and I haven’t seen it on his IG story, either. Also, who said there’s another black uniform for the UCLA game? Is it someone reputable or just a random fan claiming to know something?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Some more uniform speculation:

There was a PR/marketing guy for the AD who said they haven't shown everything. Then. there was these jerseys that have been shown on a few websites (but have since been taken down except for the youth versions) and sold at a few locations that are not the same as the actual black ones they're wearing. Considering the differences, it has to be poor representation of the actual product, poor quality control on Nike's part, or a possible version that was not meant to be released yet.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

So here’s a tweet (which has since been deleted) which quotes Warmack about the unreleased Jordan Brand alternate uniform, and Cam McCormick hinting at the second black uniform for the UCLA game:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

upperV03 wrote:So here’s a tweet (which has since been deleted) which quotes Warmack about the unreleased Jordan Brand alternate uniform, and Cam McCormick hinting at the second black uniform for the UCLA game:
That makes me think back to the photos that were marked "Alt White" and "Alt Black" instead of just "White" and "Black" options like the green and yellows were. Could also be that they're talking about the same ones but I think the Jordan one that Warmack talked about may be a white version with more green and yellow while the black UCLA version that McCormick talked about may be the black/apple green version that Fanatics and a few others were showing on their websites.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

greenyellow wrote:
upperV03 wrote:So here’s a tweet (which has since been deleted) which quotes Warmack about the unreleased Jordan Brand alternate uniform, and Cam McCormick hinting at the second black uniform for the UCLA game:
That makes me think back to the photos that were marked "Alt White" and "Alt Black" instead of just "White" and "Black" options like the green and yellows were. Could also be that they're talking about the same ones but I think the Jordan one that Warmack talked about may be a white version with more green and yellow while the black UCLA version that McCormick talked about may be the black/apple green version that Fanatics and a few others were showing on their websites.
Yeah, I could see the Jordan Brand alternate being a second white uniform, but I’d expect it to be a bit flashier and busier than just following the same base template as the four jerseys that’ve already been released. It’d be great if it was a second white jersey with green and/or yellow accents, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s something pretty out of the box and different from the regular set. As for the black uniform for the UCLA game, I’d be pretty shocked if it was just the black jersey with apple green accents that Fanatics and others had on their sites. I’m almost certain that’s just poor quality control on Nike’s part and was a poor representation of the black jerseys that were worn for the first time yesterday. The kids’ versions of those jerseys are still for sale, which I don’t think would be the case if they were supposed to represent jerseys that hadn’t yet been released. I’d expect the black uniform for the UCLA game to have more substantial differences than just swapping the accent color from neon to apple green.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

The Ducks will most likely be in all-yellow again for this Saturday’s showdown against Stanford, but I’d love it if they went chrome/yellow/yellow as a way to change things up a bit:
That combo would also be slightly reminiscent of what they wore the last time Gameday came to town, when they beat Sparty in 2014:
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wouldn't mind seeing green pants with yellow Jersey's. Do you have a mock-up of that combo?
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing green pants with yellow Jersey's. Do you have a mock-up of that combo?
Yep, here ya go:
Personally I don’t think the green pants (or helmets, for that matter) go with the yellow jerseys at all since the jerseys don’t have any green in them. There’s a reason why we haven’t seen them wear green helmets and/or pants with the yellow jerseys since they had the diamond plate set, because none of the yellow jerseys since then have had any green in them, and so the green helmets and pants would just look completely out of place.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Thanks for doing that!

I agree, I don't love them. I don't necessarily want to see all yellow again though. They'll probably do black pants with yellow if I had to guess.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Interesting article from The Athletic on the Ducks’ new uniform set:
https://theathletic.com/534059/2018/09/ ... 18-season/

Some interesting insight there into the design process and inspiration behind the streamlined and simple look. The article also claims that they will indeed only be going with the monochrome combos this season, and that they’ll be going all-yellow again this Saturday against Stanford. There’s been speculation and rumors about that since the new uniforms were unveiled, so this just adds to that. Personally, I’ll believe that when I see it. It very well could be true, but they’re known for pulling out some surprises, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if they ended up doing some mixing and matching for a few games (and we already know they’ll at least have one more uniform this season, if not two).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wish they could match the green Jersey to the yellow helmet and pants.