New Pac 12 coaches

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

New Pac 12 coaches

Post by Alan »

The Pac 12 has five new Head football coaches this year, how do you think they will do their first season?

Mario Cristobal, Ducks: he will do pretty good, finishing in the top three in the north, he is use to his players, most of his coaches and surroundings with having a year under his belt as an assistant.

Jonathan Smith, Beavs: to say he has a hill to climb is a ridiculous under statement, he has a rock wall to scale with no safety rope. He finishes dead last and in three years is shown the door.

Kevin Sumlin, Zona: I have always thought he had the talent to coach and get very good results, he had too many big Texas egos to fight at Texas. I think he will do pretty well, but not compete this year for the upper end of the South. He will go bowling....but Vegas?

Herm Edwards, ASU, Huh? Well he's a name...... another guy who will step down in two years

Chip Kelly, UCLA: I'm more interested in seeing how Chip's first season goes than any other new coach, other than Cristobal. As mentioned in another thread, his current group of players are not his but he is a winner. He got into trouble in the NFL with him being a control freak, but he will get away with in La La land. Finishes top three in the south.

Your thoughts?
Merganzer
Senior

Re: New Pac 12 coaches

Post by Merganzer »

Cristobal- Oregon: I think he has the best team to work with of the new coaches. Arguably the best QB, a defense that should continue to improve, toughest games are at home.
Smith- Oregon State: I guess it could get worse; but, Smith is an OSU Guy, and two wins will have Beaver Nation in a frenzy!
Sumlin- Arizona: . Last season, Tate exploded, and ran at will, until the Ducks showed how he could be defended, and he was not nearly as effective at the end of the season. Can Sumlin coach him up?
Edwards- ASU:I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to show up and Edwards's hiring will be exposed as a "Punk'd" episode.
Kelly- UCLA: Chip has a lot to prove. It didn't go as planned in the NFL, and there are some who feel it was mainly "right place, right time" for his success at Oregon. Now he's at UCLA, which is definitely the B list for football in LA.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I don’t see smith or Edwards lasting.

Chip and Sumlin will be interesting. I think they have potential to do some big things.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I believe that Chip and Sumlin are likely a couple years out from really doing anything because Mora and RichRod really left the cupboards bare of talent and depth.