Saw on twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Saw on twitter

Post by duckfan96 »

That breeze had emergency appendectomy(spelling) surgery. How long will rehab take on that? Anyone know?
ncduck
Senior

Re: Saw on twitter

Post by ncduck »

Takes 3 to 4 weeks. Brandon Belt of the Giants missed three weeks after surgery. Won’t affect his availability for game 1.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Cool ty for response
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya appendix removal as long as none of the infection spread should be a quick recovery.

After a couple weeks, I was able to run around again.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

My sister had her appendix removed (only after they found that another medical issue was causing her's to be inflamed) at the beginning of the month and she only recently returned back to work, but with a restriction on how much she could lift. It'll be another few weeks before they remove the weight restriction.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

This was a VERY long time ago. My dad was a tree-faller and developed a bad pain in his side. After work he went to the hospital and they ended up removing his appendix. He went back to falling trees the day after the surgery.

I'm not suggesting that Breeze should rush back on the field, but apparently if you're in good shape and the surgery is not too invasive, it's possible to resume normal activities fairly quickly. Getting hit on the FB field is not a normal activity and I think it takes about six weeks for an incision site to reconnect, so it would seem like he would be limited for at least that long.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

greenyellow wrote:My sister had her appendix removed (only after they found that another medical issue was causing her's to be inflamed) at the beginning of the month and she only recently returned back to work, but with a restriction on how much she could lift. It'll be another few weeks before they remove the weight restriction.
No weightlifting will slow his recovery time. He'll have to build up strength and stamina again in a fairly short period of time to be ready for game one.

Hopefully they won't need him.