Ducks hire former national recruiting analyst

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Ducks hire former national recruiting analyst

Post by greenyellow »

In a somewhat surprising hire, Oregon has hired former Rivals and 247Sports recruiting scout/analyst Ryan Bartow as the director of high school relations. One of his main duties will be to help the staff find up and coming recruits by leveraging his contacts with HS and JC coaches.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Ducks hire former national recruiting analyst

Post by Merganzer »

Surprising perhaps, but it seems like an extra step move with great potential.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Is there a limit to how many hires a coach can make? I know there is for assistant coaches but how about analyst, GA's etc.?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:Is there a limit to how many hires a coach can make? I know there is for assistant coaches but how about analyst, GA's etc.?
Teams are limited to 4 GAs, but as of now, there's really no limit to how many analysts or other staff members you can hire. It's really all about how much money you have and what you feel like you need to compete at the highest levels. The days of limited football staffs at Oregon is over.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Seems like a smart move with no downside. I continue to be impressed with Cristobal in all ways not directly related to the actual coaching of football. Hopefully he can win me over when it comes to that this upcoming season.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Alan wrote:Is there a limit to how many hires a coach can make? I know there is for assistant coaches but how about analyst, GA's etc.?
I remember reading an article a while back, that one college football team has a crazy amount of analysts. I think it was Georgia or Clemson.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

alxtw wrote:
I remember reading an article a while back, that one college football team has a crazy amount of analysts. I think it was Georgia or Clemson.
Alabama
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

jimmy12 wrote:
alxtw wrote:
Alabama
Well if it’s any of those three that would be a plus.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Depending on the year, Alabama will have between 7-9 analysts on staff. Oregon's 5 is much more typical.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

cristobal continues to prove that he's great at running a program...

...but the XO and game management side is what I'm anxious to see more of after the Boise debacle.