San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Post by Everythingsducky »

I was at the game, and they looked horribly inconsistent. This is not a team that should have any business looking ahead. Penalty bug hit again. Wazzu held SJS scoreless. This game, the offensive inconsistency hurt the defense. What was telling, was when the Ducks brought in Taj, the SJS D knew exactly what to look for, and Herbert threw the ball in the dirt. Taj is no longer a secret weapon when you bring him in for one series. He is effectively worthless. Hopefully they can use him in the old Tazer position, and utilize him more often, when they don’t have a watered down game plan. I get CHL at the goal line, but bringing in Taj sets off alarms. s***, Taj probably has better hands than most of the regular receivers. He should get some touches.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah I agree, I think opening as 35+ point favorites for 3 straight games that the guys just relaxed a bit too much. Coaches included. At the end of the day all that matters is the win, and thankfully we don't need to really stress how 'impressive' each win is like the pre playoff era. Just take the W and bring on stanford.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

35 point favorite and win by 13. Oregon has to go undefeated to be in hunt for playoff given the 3 cupcakes had in non conference. There will be lot of 1 loss teams that will play lot harder schedule than Oregon. Strength of schedule will kill them if don't go undefeated. I see no way would beat Stanford or UW. The receivers will kill us in either game.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

the offensive line is going to kill us, can't block vs SJSU, they got a lot of work to do this week for Stanford
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Was at the game today. Going to have to watch replay if I can bring myself to do that. Lot of negatives.

Herbert looked bad.

Graham looked bad.

Guards looked bad. Not sure about center play.

Thought tackles looked good.

D-line looks great.

Linebackers missed some coverage.

I like Verdell.

Hollins is badass. So is Jelks. Fat Mac dominates.

Unsure why Cyrus only gets used near the goal line.

Not sure why Shough came in at the very end to just hand the ball off.

Hopefully they were just bored.

Anyway, go Ducks!
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Oops. Receivers looked bad. Glad Kano Dillon dropped that pass, just not sure it was intentional?
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Stop freaking out. It’s a young team and they were looking ahead.
Stanford did the exact same thing against UCDavis. They gave up 300+ yards of offense, had 10+ penalties, and turned the ball over twice.

It’s not like Stanford looks like a playoff team right now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

northbeachsf wrote:Stop freaking out. It’s a young team and they were looking ahead.
Stanford did the exact same thing against UCDavis. They gave up 300+ yards of offense, had 10+ penalties, and turned the ball over twice.

Only one person is freakin out. Are you going to deny that’s there’s some concerns on this team after the first three games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

This is a big opportunity for the coaches to bring it all together by Saturday. Mario, it’s your time to do your thing. Go Dux!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:35 point favorite and win by 13. Oregon has to go undefeated to be in hunt for playoff given the 3 cupcakes had in non conference. There will be lot of 1 loss teams that will play lot harder schedule than Oregon. Strength of schedule will kill them if don't go undefeated. I see no way would beat Stanford or UW. The receivers will kill us in either game.
Ahh, so this is where all the doom and gloom is coming from. Just try and enjoy the season, it's not a complete roster right now but it doesn't mean this year still can't be fun if we don't go to the playoff.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:Stop freaking out. It’s a young team and they were looking ahead.

Only one person is freakin out. Are you going to deny that’s there’s some concerns on this team after the first three games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course there are concerns. I am not sure when everyone jumped on the 10+ win bandwagon around here. Now people are surprised that we have issues at receiver and defensive back??

BTW...Stanford looked just as bad as Oregon yesterday. It’s going to be a toss up next week depending on which team decides to show up.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I had no expectations to even reach the playoffs. I thought 8-4 would be where Oregon end up with losses to Stanford, UW and two others. I was merely responding to the notion Oregon might end up in the playoffs. That is absurd. If we beat Stanford and UW then maybe can talk about it. I think we might match up better against UW but still think we lose to them at this point.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:35 point favorite and win by 13. Oregon has to go undefeated to be in hunt for playoff given the 3 cupcakes had in non conference. There will be lot of 1 loss teams that will play lot harder schedule than Oregon. Strength of schedule will kill them if don't go undefeated. I see no way would beat Stanford or UW. The receivers will kill us in either game.
Ahh, so this is where all the doom and gloom is coming from. Just try and enjoy the season, it's not a complete roster right now but it doesn't mean this year still can't be fun if we don't go to the playoff.
X2 07, this is Mario's first year, last season at this time we were 3-0 also but I sure feel better about this season. While I supported Willie at this point I was cautious about his lame statemen, just do something... Nike hack! Have a good day I feel you want to....... huh? So I have a lot more confidence in Mario and staff.... a question mark on the WR coach. This is certainly not a message to the doom and gloom guys, but sit back and enjoy the season, pretty sure we will go bowling if we stay healthy. Mario needs to complete a 4 year recruiting cycle.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

As bad as the game was I don't mind a game like this before Stanford. Better to work on the issues during the week before next Saturday. I think it was good to get tested and get a little humbled rather than cruise through these 3 cupcake games. Stanford wasn't great yesterday either.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Definitely not freaking out. I am one of those people who remember how badly we used to suck. Stating what I saw. Not that I think we have no chance. That's ridiculous.