Jalen Hall

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Jalen Hall

Post by GoDucksTroll »

AshlandDuck wrote:I was one of the ones saying not to judge based on the optics of his situation. None of us knew the reason and still don't why he's not here. The speculation about his character, despite what has transpired, was off base given no one had any basis to make such judgments. It's clear something is keeping him from reaching his potential as a human being and unfortunately sometimes people are very difficult to extract from their environments, whether they are victims or criminals. I glanced at his twitter after this all came out and I didn't really see anything that screams a character flaw. Numerous retweets of lesser known players and their accomplishments regardless of their skin color shows me someone who's quite human inside. Still, what he did is absolutely intolerable and he deserves consequences.
Hall barely used his twitter. But his Instagram... Shots of him flaunting wads of cash, living it up.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

All I can and will say about this is that it was a really complicated situation. Many in his family wanted him to get out of LA and others wanted him to stay. The kid has lots of issues, family, friends (that is a nice way of putting it) and others in his life who are not good influences on him.

The coaches vetted this guy strongly. He wanted out of LA and he told the coaches that repeatedly. He said he needed to get away from 'a lot of things'. He was right. Unfortunately when he got to Eugene, those 'friends' did not him no favors. He then decided he did not love the game anymore. People (I'll let you surmise who) in Eugene told him to stay, it was fine if he did not want to play football, they would get him the resources he needed to stay in school. The 'friends' intervened again and told him he did not need school.

You know the conclusion to the story now. It's very sad and there is way more here than meets the eye. Some of the 'rumors' are true some not.

Hope for the best for this kid but the future does not look bright.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Ex-Oregon WR Jalen Hall could face life in prison for armed robbery
Jesse
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Life in prison, seems a bit harsh.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

buckmarkduck wrote:Life in prison, seems a bit harsh.
I agree, should be more like five to ten years, depending on his criminal history. Still, it's a very serious crime, and he has definitely screwed his life up if he's guilty.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

And "ex Oregon" WR seems a bit generous.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

He spent like 24 hours with the team and hasn't been on the roster since may
karlhungis wrote:
And "ex Oregon" WR seems a bit generous.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Kidnapping and armed robbery command harsh penalties.

Guy pissed away four years of free college with all the benefits. He embraced the thug life. Guess he is not so cool now. His homies will write him off poof just like that. Even at his age most people have some common sense.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I read on an SC fan site that the HS Hall went to, had what many considered the most talented 3 WR on a HS team at one time in LA. Yet not 1 will have ever played a down of college ball, and all 3 have been arrested at different times. It's a sad story.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

buckmarkduck wrote:I read ead on an SC fan site that the HS Hall went to, had what many considered the most talented 3 WR on a HS team at one time in LA. Yet not 1 will have ever played a down of college ball, and all 3 have been arrested at different times. It's a sad story.
That is a ruined culture
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Wow! Ouch! But that is how DA's usually go, charge them as hard as they can do they have room to negotiate....... but the kid will do plenty of time. Sad deal, where's the parents? Rhetorical question.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Also, life is prison is just the proposed maximum sentence. In the end it’s up to the judge, who will take many considerations into factor when determining the sentence.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
Also, life is prison is just the proposed maximum sentence. In the end it’s up to the judge, who will take many considerations into factor when determining the sentence.

California still has a three strikes law; if he gets convicted of 3 felonies he gets a life sentence and the judge has no discretion in the matter.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He will probably plead it down to 1 felony and serve 2-3 years is my guess