#7 Stanford @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 22, Sat 5 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: #7 Stanford @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 22, Sat 5 PM ABC)

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:The players in post-game said they'll have tonight to think about the game but will have to flush it because they're on the practice field tomorrow. I believe it was Jordon Scott or Shane Lemieux who said that they'll find out who's the leaders are on this team and how mentally tough the others are by how they practice.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Up 24-7, with a Heisman candidate QB, at home? Not sure how Y’all intend on spinning it. But I could see Furd losing a game, maybe two, and crazy as it may seem, the Ducks could win out, seriously.
Last edited by Everythingsducky on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Alan wrote:Ducks can only blame themselves, that includes coaches

I don't understand this logic. There exists external circumstances that people as individuals or as a team have ZERO control over. You aren't attuned to reality if you truly believe such a thing.
The coaches were phenomenal tonight. Totally out coached Shaw. Kids were ready and came out firing. Honestly, Hansen’s miscues, and Verdell, to a slightly lesser extent, lost the game for us. If the snaps don’t go errand, we beat the #7 team in country. That would have been a tremendous win.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

UofDuck wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:

I don't understand this logic. There exists external circumstances that people as individuals or as a team have ZERO control over. You aren't attuned to reality if you truly believe such a thing.
The coaches were phenomenal tonight. Totally out coached Shaw. Kids were ready and came out firing. Honestly, Hansen’s miscues, and Verdell, to a slightly lesser extent, lost the game for us. If the snaps don’t go errand, we beat the #7 team in country. That would have been a tremendous win.
If you watched Hansen’s tape last week, he got beat very often. Though he gets his accolades, and has been a longtime starter, he is the weak link on the O-line. Either he is getting beat, or the o-line coaches aren’t putting him in the right fits. But tonight didn’t help his cause. Snaps are on him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It’s funny people blaming the coaches, the only coach I don’t like right now is Charles Clark and Keith Heyward is questionable to me right now, cause our CB’s get best easily and constantly go for bad interceptions when they could just bat down the ball, that’s why Stanford got that touchdown in OT, Graham should’ve just batted it down then Pickett should’ve came in and nailed the Stanford WR but both went for the pick and as a result gave up a big touchdown that ultimately gave Stanford the win.

Regardless, almost everything I’m seeing fans blame the coaches for, would not have mattered if Verdell held on to the dang ball and if Hanson snapped the ball correctly, they would’ve looked like geniuses. Sure the weird formation was questionable, and usually I don’t blame coaches for having faith in players to execute something, I’m sure in Cristobal’s mind worse case scenario it’s a stop for no gain, not Verdell losing the ball and causing a 9 yard loss. And going for the first down to officially run the clock down? Also not a bad decision, we’ve seen flukey punt returns and blocks before like from Michigan. Every issue only seemed like bad coaching because Verdell and Hanson were sloppy tonight, I am disappointed in those two.

Hanson is a leader, he had bad snaps all game, but didn’t clean them up until the scoop and score. This shows possible laziness to me, that he didn’t realize how serious this was until it was that costly. And Verdell is young, but anyone above the age of 13 should know holding onto the ball in that situation is 100X more important than stretching the ball out for a first down when we would’ve had 3rd and 1 coming up with an OLine that dominated most of the game. He tried to be the hero, and I have never seen a college athlete try to be the hero instead of a good teammate and succeed in the process, yes it was a learning moment, but one that should never happen. He should be disappointed in himself.

This one was brutal, sure it’s promising to have seen Oregon perform so well for a while, but Herbstreit kept saying it, looked like Oregon is back. They looked like playoff contenders, but as we found out, you can dominate for 50 minutes and it still not matter if just two players decide to be sloppy and result in a solid 20+ point swing for the opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UofDuck wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:

Agreed, those two counted for at least 20+ points in Stanford’s favor.

Hanson had a bad snap on 3rd down that forced Oregon to settle for a field goal in the 2nd quarter to go up 24-7 instead of maybe 28-7.
-4 possible points

Verdell fumbled and lost 9 yard by running into his own teammate and then Hanson had the bad snap leading to a Stanford touchdown
-14 points

Verdell’s fumble resulted in Stanford getting the field goal to send it into overtime
-3 points

That’s at least 21 from those two, nothing to do with any other player or the coaches, hard for coaches to overcome that especially against a team like Stanford, but fans love to blame coaches. And that doesn’t even include the secondary who thinks its turnover or bust, in fact if Lenoir and Pickett didn’t go for the pick they could’ve easily stopped Stanford on that OT touchdown and put them in 3rd and 10, but that’s the only thing I’ll say may be a coaching issue, honestly not sure if Donte Williams is right for his job, but it’s early and maybe Graham and Lenoir have sucked this season.

Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The CB coach is Donte Williams, not Charles Clark. Clark left for Ole Miss this past off-season.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:The CB coach is Donte Williams, not Charles Clark. Clark left for Ole Miss this past off-season.
Damn you google! I’ll correct that, thanks!

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Just yelled f*** yes loud enough to wake up my girlfriend no regrets
I chased my wife off when I was yelling at the refs after that scoop and score. She literally just got her purse and left and slammed the door on the way out.

:lol:
Last edited by RanDux on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

@justinhollins_ 2h2 hours agoI would just like to apologize to all the alumni and fans who flew in or even showed up tonight.. we let u down

IM SORRY

As mad as we feel, I can only imagine the players feeling after the game. Hopefully they put this behind them and keep playing as well they did in the first half.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Just yelled f*** yes loud enough to wake up my girlfriend no regrets
I chased my wife off when I was yelling at the refs after that scoop and score. She literally just got her purse and left and slammed the door on the way out.

She should have watched through a game with you before she married you! :lol:
Or read a game thread on here.
ahhsenal
One Star Recruit

Post by ahhsenal »

lets win out! loved us dominating the line of scrimmage
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like an idiot duck fan got some attention.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/wa ... ar-AAAuVls

These are college kids playing a game. Sheesh.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

With you on this!
wepto wrote:Unless these type of weird flukey endings become Cristobal's MO (Les Miles syndrome), Oregon is back. The team looked so good, I am so freaking pumped. This type of line play has been the only thing preventing Oregon from taking it to the next level.