#7 Stanford @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 22, Sat 5 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: #7 Stanford @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 22, Sat 5 PM ABC)

Post by Alan »

Duckenstein wrote:With you on this!
wepto wrote:Unless these type of weird flukey endings become Cristobal's MO (Les Miles syndrome), Oregon is back. The team looked so good, I am so freaking pumped. This type of line play has been the only thing preventing Oregon from taking it to the next level.
X3, I'm very excited about this team and these coaches!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

thomas time wrote:@justinhollins_ 2h2 hours agoI would just like to apologize to all the alumni and fans who flew in or even showed up tonight.. we let u down

IM SORRY

As mad as we feel, I can only imagine the players feeling after the game. Hopefully they put this behind them and keep playing as well they did in the first half.
That’s hard to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:Looks like an idiot duck fan got some attention.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/wa ... ar-AAAuVls

These are college kids playing a game. Sheesh.
I hope anyone that threw a bottle is identified and banned from Autzen Stadium, that’s just embarrassing.

bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

I hate that. I sit really close to the students, and the last few games I attended I saw some bad behaviors. It's great to have a some rivalry and some gentle ribbing, but yelling and screaming profanities at them, threats or resorting to throwing trash at players doesn't speak well for our fan base. Of course I know that's the rare occasion but that's what ends up making the news and the discussion boards.

The game security is too worried about kids jumping in seats and sometimes misses the fan on fan situations.

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Looks like an idiot duck fan got some attention.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/wa ... ar-AAAuVls

These are college kids playing a game. Sheesh.
I hope anyone that threw a bottle is identified and banned from Autzen Stadium, that’s just embarrassing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

One thing I don’t want to get lost is this team could have folded when Stanford came storming back. Instead they bowed up got 4th down stops and scored again to go up. Their tight ends bullies our DBs which is an issue but the rest of the D was incredible. Stopping Stanford 4 and half a yard when they have all the momentum is not something we have seen in the past.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Oh and Herbert was something rediculous like 25-27 with almost 400 yards at end of regulation. Which means he is freakishly gifted (which we knew) but also means our reciever caught the hell out of the ball!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Extremely proud of this team. That was a hell of a ball game. We finally got to see what Mario means when he says Oregon football. This team has the potential to not lose another game.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
RanDux wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Just yelled f*** yes loud enough to wake up my girlfriend no regrets
I chased my wife off when I was yelling at the refs after that scoop and score. She literally just got her purse and left and slammed the door on the way out.

She should have watched through a game with you before she married you! :lol:
Or read a game thread on here.
Time for a new wife.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

TualatinDuck wrote:Extremely proud of this team. That was a hell of a ball game. We finally got to see what Mario means when he says Oregon football. This team has the potential to not lose another game.
This. With how excruciating last night’s loss was for the fan base, and obviously even more so for the coaches and players, I really hope this doesn’t get lost on all of us. The team battled and really showed the identity Cristobal has been preaching since taking over. I really believe, as long as Herbie stays healthy, this team has the potential to grow into something special. Let’s hope when they watch film they’re able to take all the positives from last night’s game and learn from the mistakes, and then use this loss as motivation going forward. Play with a chip on your shoulder and go dominate Cal, and then come back home and make a statement against those damn Huskies.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

With less than a minute to go, Stanford with one timeout, momentum at that time, Ducks with a 3 point lead, why was Verdell trying to fight for an extra few feet resulting in the fumble when they needed the ball, not the yds. I know the bad snaps and the mistakes allowed Stanford back into the game, but that one play ultimately cost the game. As other posters commented, a knee or 2 and we win the game. The coaches had great game plan and if not for those snaps and mistakes by players it would have been perfect. Some are saying the coaches had no responsibility for the loss. I don't agree. The fact they weren't taking a knee after the Herbert 1st down was on the coach.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck58 wrote:With less than a minute to go, Stanford with one timeout, momentum at that time, Ducks with a 3 point lead, why was Verdell trying to fight for an extra few feet resulting in the fumble when they needed the ball, not the yds. I know the bad snaps and the mistakes allowed Stanford back into the game, but that one play ultimately cost the game. As other posters commented, a knee or 2 and we win the game. The coaches had great game plan and if not for those snaps and mistakes by players it would have been perfect. Some are saying the coaches had no responsibility for the loss. I don't agree. The fact they weren't taking a knee after the Herbert 1st down was on the coach.
I disagree about taking a knee. Even if Oregon would have taken a couple knees after Stanford used their final timeout, there still would have been roughly 15-20 seconds left on the clock when they punted. On that punt, there easily could have been an errant snap, mishandling by the punter, or even a blocked punt. The fumble by Verdell when they were trying to win it right there instead of relying on the defense to close it out was just bad luck.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
duck58 wrote:With less than a minute to go, Stanford with one timeout, momentum at that time, Ducks with a 3 point lead, why was Verdell trying to fight for an extra few feet resulting in the fumble when they needed the ball, not the yds. I know the bad snaps and the mistakes allowed Stanford back into the game, but that one play ultimately cost the game. As other posters commented, a knee or 2 and we win the game. The coaches had great game plan and if not for those snaps and mistakes by players it would have been perfect. Some are saying the coaches had no responsibility for the loss. I don't agree. The fact they weren't taking a knee after the Herbert 1st down was on the coach.
I disagree about taking a knee. Even if Oregon would have taken a couple knees after Stanford used their final timeout, there still would have been roughly 15-20 seconds left on the clock when they punted. On that punt, there easily could have been an errant snap, mishandling by the punter, or even a blocked punt. The fumble by Verdell when they were trying to win it right there instead of relying on the defense to close it out was just bad luck.
Exactly! Going for the first down was the right decision, remember Michigan’s punt fiasco? Cristobal trusted his players and there’s nothing wrong with that. But in hindsight vision is 20/20, at no part do I feel like anyone had a problem with the coaching decisions UNTIL it went wrong, which to me is drastically different than when Helf was coach, and even Willie too sometimes. It’s as simple as if Verdell and Hanson did their jobs and weren’t extremely sloppy, we are praising the coaches as geniuses, but because of their bad mistakes, fans are criticizing the coaches.

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Exactly! Going for the first down was the right decision, remember Michigan’s punt fiasco? Cristobal trusted his players and there’s nothing wrong with that. But in hindsight vision is 20/20, at no part do I feel like anyone had a problem with the coaching decisions UNTIL it went wrong, which to me is drastically different than when Helf was coach, and even Willie too sometimes. It’s as simple as if Verdell and Hanson did their jobs and weren’t extremely sloppy, we are praising the coaches as geniuses, but because of their bad mistakes, fans are criticizing the coaches.

I don't believe the coaches get the blame for this loss one bit. Mario said he trusted his players to get the fist down and plays
Agressive.

I doubt we're even in the game if slick is
Still here. This team was Ready, players were where they needed to be on offense.
Defense came to play and Stanford is pretty good. If a couple of center snaps go better, and help from the zebras were talking about beating Stanford.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I think running instead of kneeling was the right choice. If you lose by being conservative it’s an even worse look, have to play to win. But CJ made a huge mistake. We were stunned. You can’t fumble like that. It’s an awful, awful play by a guy who I hope has a great career and learns from his mistake.

It looks like people actually watched the game since the AP poll moved us up, and I feel optimistic for these next two games. Really disappointed though, this could have been a program defining win for Cristobal.