Week 3 (SJSU) Grades on Re-Watch

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Week 3 (SJSU) Grades on Re-Watch

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Thomas Graham is not looking good. I was saying in the off season that our best CB is Lenoir. Graham is going to need to step it up, hopefully we're double team meaning Stanford's stud WR.

I'm unimpressed with our RBs. I expected more from TBJ, he looks worse than he did in '16 and '17. With his speed he should be torching these teams. Verdell is coming into his own.

WRs still look suspect. Jaylon Redd is a stud at times, but he had yet another drop.

I love Hollins and Jelks. The strength of our team. Amadi is also playing lights out.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Thomas Graham is not looking good. I was saying in the off season that our best CB is Lenoir. Graham is going to need to step it up, hopefully we're double team meaning Stanford's stud WR.

I'm unimpressed with our RBs. I expected more from TBJ, he looks worse than he did in '16 and '17. With his speed he should be torching these teams. Verdell is coming into his own.

WRs still look suspect. Jaylon Redd is a stud at times, but he had yet another drop.

I love Hollins and Jelks. The strength of our team. Amadi is also playing lights out.
Jaylon does have a lot of potential. I think TBJ needs more edge runs and to be used more in the pass game going deep on wheel routes, etc.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

GrantDuck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Thomas Graham is not looking good. I was saying in the off season that our best CB is Lenoir. Graham is going to need to step it up, hopefully we're double team meaning Stanford's stud WR.

Jaylon does have a lot of potential. I think TBJ needs more edge runs and to be used more in the pass game going deep on wheel routes, etc.
I agree that we need to be using TBJ on the outside more. Running him into the teeth of the defense out of the pistol isn't looking great. Verdell seems to do a little better with jitterbugging through a hole, it feels like TBJ's speed is being wasted.

I do remember that awesome wheel route Taj Griffin score on against Stanford in 2015, some plays like that would be most welcome.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

My problem with our running backs has nothing to do with the Oline, their vision or their speed. The hole is there, they are hitting it pretty good, but what they don't do is pickup their feet while going through the line. Time after time I see our backs breaking into the secondary off balanced and stumbling. LMJ had a major talent for picking up his feet so he could come out of the hole at speed and with balance.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Have rewatched bits and pieces of this game and came away less than impressed with tight end blocking, which was not what I had first seen when there. On a play or two I picked out just this morning tight end blocking completely whiffed. Hope this gets cleaned up.