lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Loudest game at Autzen

Post by lukeyrid13 »

StevensTechU wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:The club level has never been loud. The student section are he worst offenders now. They need to revamp the current process.
Make students pay for Football and Men's BB tickets and use the lottery system for all the other sports if necessary and take a cut out of student fees. That's just too logical and all so it won't happen.
Agreed. At minimum, just make students pay a refundable deposit of like $10 to enter the lottery system for each game or something. That will immediately remove a lot of the fringe students who just want a way to drink and waste 2 hours(since they definitely don't stay the whole time).
Why do you all feel that the process of claiming tickets is to blame?
I don't remember the exact year, I think it was around 2011, they went from the first come first serve tickets that they gave out in person first thing on Monday morning of the game week to the current system. With the old system, the students who wanted to be there, made sure to stand in line and get the ticket and make the effort to ensure they'd be at the game. They'd line up 3 hours before kickoff and the first half of the student section would immediately fill up 90 minutes before kickoff with the rest filling in soon after.

Now, it's all a lottery system and Joe diehard might not get to go to the game, meanwhile you'll have plenty of students who couldn't name one player getting a ticket allotted to them.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:The club level has never been loud. The student section are he worst offenders now. They need to revamp the current process.
Make students pay for Football and Men's BB tickets and use the lottery system for all the other sports if necessary and take a cut out of student fees. That's just too logical and all so it won't happen.
Agreed. At minimum, just make students pay a refundable deposit of like $10 to enter the lottery system for each game or something. That will immediately remove a lot of the fringe students who just want a way to drink and waste 2 hours(since they definitely don't stay the whole time).
Why do you all feel that the process of claiming tickets is to blame?
I don't remember the exact year, I think it was around 2011, they went from the first come first serve tickets that they gave out in person first thing on Monday morning of the game week to the current system. With the old system, the students who wanted to be there, made sure to stand in line and get the ticket and make the effort to ensure they'd be at the game. They'd line up 3 hours before kickoff and the first half of the student section would immediately fill up 90 minutes before kickoff with the rest filling in soon after.

Now, it's all a lottery system and Joe diehard might not get to go to the game, meanwhile you'll have plenty of students who couldn't name one player getting a ticket allotted to them.
The student section used to really loud. Now its a bit more subdued. Also arent the end zones now
reserved seats? Remember when they used to be general admin and crazy. Its all about how much money
they can milk out of the fans. They have priced out a lot of the regular fans who were die hards and fanatics.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Yes. Plus, with the endzones being GA, most of the standing room only folks also squeezed into the endzones back then too. You could get into any game for 20-50 bucks and if you got there early, could sit in the first few rows and be super rowdy.
perennialduck
One Star Recruit

Post by perennialduck »

woundedknees wrote:Michigan was close...My ears were crackling for a couple days after both those games!
I agree. I was there! Unbelievably loud! Too bad it isn't that loud every game.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Yes. Plus, with the endzones being GA, most of the standing room only folks also squeezed into the endzones back then too. You could get into any game for 20-50 bucks and if you got there early, could sit in the first few rows and be super rowdy.
remember when Matt Knight opened and seats were way to expensive. They couldnt
understand why only half full...then they lowered prices and more people could go
to a game. They just dont get what the target audience should be.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:

Yea it was 2008. They also reduced the size of the student section so they could sell more tickets. It's also the time that Oregon started blowing teams out routinely.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

Yea it was 2008. They also reduced the size of the student section so they could sell more tickets. It's also the time that Oregon started blowing teams out routinely.
Its sad that the students pay thousands of dollars to go to school and there are limits
to how many can go to a game.
thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegb2001 »

Michigan 2003. Second 2007 vs usc. Two very very loud games. Doubt we even get close this game. Crowd has just gotten spoiled and doesn’t care as much. Used to be loud right out of the gate after the intro videos and let the opponents know right away it was going to be loud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Didn't crack the top 5 games for me (Been attending since 2005), but it was really loud on Saturday. Really fun game to attend, even though we lost.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

USC on Halloween.
ASU before Dixon got hurt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Autzenoise wrote:USC on Halloween.
ASU before Dixon got hurt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I was at that ASU game. Both the loudest and quietest game I've been to. Man the energy just sucked out of the stadium when Dixon went down, I imagine there was some similar feeling Saturday night against Stanford.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Lots of loud games before this one but I think this is when the crowd kinda learned they could impact the game ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=71uT_7abc5Q