Loudest game at Autzen

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Re: Loudest game at Autzen

Post by desertfan »

Michigan for sure. The Oklahoma game was pretty loud as well, but for me Michigan was louder.
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

OU in 06 for me.

The first half of the 05 USC game was pretty loud too
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

duckfan96 wrote:BYU, usc Halloween game, Michigan.
Definitely these three, plus the OU game. Still remember the big sign at the BYU game , a sheet that read ‘TY DYED IN EUGENE’...Super clever.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Ucla and UW 2000 were the absolute loudest for just...the whole game..my ears rang for 2 days and I lost my voice.

'07-'09 was also a REALLY good stretch...along with the Michigan(obnoxious noise levels) and Oklahoma games in the mid 2000's.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

My ears hurt for a week after the BYU game.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

2006 OU when the FG was blocked or 2007 USC when Matt Harper picked Sanchez to seal the game for me. Underrated was the 2003 Cal game when the lights went out. I think that was Tedford’s return to Autzen as an opposing coach. Before Herbert got hurt, Cal last year was getting pretty rowdy but nothing in comparison to the “good ol’ days”. Hopefully we can recapture some of that magic this weekend.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:2006 OU when the FG was blocked or 2007 USC when Matt Harper picked Sanchez to seal the game for me. Underrated was the 2003 Cal game when the lights went out. I think that was Tedford’s return to Autzen as an opposing coach. Before Herbert got hurt, Cal last year was getting pretty rowdy but nothing in comparison to the “good ol’ days”. Hopefully we can recapture some of that magic this weekend.
It'd be a good weekend for the new class of students to take on the obligation and that we can add Stanford 18 to the list of loudest games!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I wonder if our tickets were half the price, how much louder our games would be?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I wonder if our tickets were half the price, how much louder our games would be?

just think of how loud the place would be if the snobs under the cover
got loud...
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The club level has never been loud. The student section are he worst offenders now. They need to revamp the current process.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The club level has never been loud. The student section are he worst offenders now. They need to revamp the current process.
One of our outside salesman here was at the Sjs game almost under the cover.
Someone close to them complained about him and a friend for being to loud and
security asked them to tone it down. I know they had a couple beers but said they
were not drunk. If they would have come to me with that crap i would have been
led out of autzen. He said there a few of lets say the older generation sitting close by.
Im 61 and i lost my voice at the game. I just dont get it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The club level has never been loud. The student section are he worst offenders now. They need to revamp the current process.
Make students pay for Football and Men's BB tickets and use the lottery system for all the other sports if necessary and take a cut out of student fees. That's just too logical and all so it won't happen.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck07 wrote:
Make students pay for Football and Men's BB tickets and use the lottery system for all the other sports if necessary and take a cut out of student fees. That's just too logical and all so it won't happen.
Agreed. At minimum, just make students pay a refundable deposit of like $10 to enter the lottery system for each game or something. That will immediately remove a lot of the fringe students who just want a way to drink and waste 2 hours(since they definitely don't stay the whole time).
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Agreed. At minimum, just make students pay a refundable deposit of like $10 to enter the lottery system for each game or something. That will immediately remove a lot of the fringe students who just want a way to drink and waste 2 hours(since they definitely don't stay the whole time).
Why do you all feel that the process of claiming tickets is to blame?
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

GrantDuck wrote:Ucla and UW 2000 were the absolute loudest for just...the whole game..my ears rang for 2 days and I lost my voice.

'07-'09 was also a REALLY good stretch...along with the Michigan(obnoxious noise levels) and Oklahoma games in the mid 2000's.
Totally agree. Back to back weeks against the 6th ranked teams. The OU and Michigan games are close but the UCLA/UW 2000 games I remember like it was yesterday. Not sure my vocal chords ever recovered from those two games.