Gameday Sign Ideas

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Gameday Sign Ideas

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I talked to a WSU alum about it a few years ago and she said that the alumni group mails the flag each week and they'd find a loyal alum wherever it was needed. It started with a small group and has obviously grown since then and gotten easier to find willing participants.
The flag is pretty sad. It's a constant reminder to everyone that WSU football hasn't been relevant in YEARS. If I were a UW fan I'd be tempted to wear UW gear, and waive the flag around as reminder to WSU that they stink.
They did a segment on Gameday about it a few years ago. It’s a pretty cool tradition, regardless of the status of the Wazzu program. At this point it almost seems as though Gameday holds a spot for them.

I agree, gameday loves the flag! And tradition. It's now a part of their show every week. I think Leach has done a great job with the football program for what he has to work with, I you every went to find a party in Pullman you would know what I mean. Hard to get players from the big cities to go play football in a spot surrounded by wheat fields.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Alan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I talked to a WSU alum about it a few years ago and she said that the alumni group mails the flag each week and they'd find a loyal alum wherever it was needed. It started with a small group and has obviously grown since then and gotten easier to find willing participants.
The flag is pretty sad. It's a constant reminder to everyone that WSU football hasn't been relevant in YEARS. If I were a UW fan I'd be tempted to wear UW gear, and waive the flag around as reminder to WSU that they stink.
They did a segment on Gameday about it a few years ago. It’s a pretty cool tradition, regardless of the status of the Wazzu program. At this point it almost seems as though Gameday holds a spot for them.

I agree, gameday loves the flag! And tradition. It's now a part of their show every week. I think Leach has done a great job with the football program for what he has to work with, I you every went to find a party in Pullman you would know what I mean. Hard to get players from the big cities to go play football in a spot surrounded by wheat fields.
Lots of factors to consider when selecting a Gameday location. For WSU, they need to be relevant (which they have been lately) AND need to be playing a relevant team in Pullman. Since no relevant OOC teams want to go to Pullman, WSU is reliant on P12 games to have a chance at hosting. This shrinks the odds. The Apple Cup is a contender, but other rivalry games typically take precedence, and it's rare that both teams survive the P12 schedule enough for it to be the headline game. Then consider that the Apple Cup often times is played on Friday, which rules them out. They had a shot last year when USC came to Pullman, but as luck would have it, they Coug'd it and played on Friday.

All that said, the best shot they have for the foreseeable future to host Gameday is on October 20th when Oregon goes to Pullman. Both teams would need to remain undefeated (WSU is @USC, vs Utah and vs OSU...Oregon has Stanford, @Cal, UW). Biggest competition that day would be LSU-Miss. St., Okla.-TCU and Mich-MSU, So, if Oregon and WSU are 6-0 headed into week 8, it's EXTREMELY likely that Pullman will finally host. What a Gameday THAT would be!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

There was a strong chance of them hosting gameday when we played there in 2018. Not sure what other game was picked up that week.

That was the game without Jake Fisher and our o-line played FSU level bad.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GameDay used to give me the Willies...
Now I just check the Cristobal.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

woundedknees wrote:GameDay used to give me the Willies...
Now I just check the Cristobal.
lol and away we go ....
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Headed to GameDay with this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.