Taj Griffin Leaving

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Taj Griffin Leaving

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Not surprised by this, I personally feel he should’ve been given more touches/responsibility this season, but I’ll trust the coaches. Best of luck to him wherever he goes, we’ll miss that home run potential with him.
greenyellow

Re: Taj Griffin Leaving

Post by greenyellow »

Was wondering why I didn't see him out there when both TBJ and Verdell went down with injuries. Don't blame him since the coaches never quite found a role for him. Wish him luck wherever he goes.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He was suited up tonight.

Although I did notice him and tabari Hines chatting a lot on the sidelines. I was thinking to myself that both of them are currently under used. Hopefully Hines doesn't leave as well.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:He was suited up tonight.

Although I did notice him and tabari Hines chatting a lot on the sidelines. I was thinking to myself that both of them are currently under used. Hopefully Hines doesn't leave as well.
Based on some of his tweets, it sounds more like Hines is dealing with another injury that caused him to not be full-go tonight.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

If Griffin is getting passed up by underclassmen in his senior year, I don't blame him for wanting to move on. It sounds like he picked the last possible game to decide. Wish him well wherever he goes, unless he is playing against the ducks.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I would love to know more about his decision, he certainly has the talent and experience. I wonder how much is attitude toward new coaching philosophies and demands on players. I have seen Cristobal not hesitate to get a kid off the field for a dumb, selfish stunt. I believe it was Pickett a game or two ago had a personal foul and you could read Mario's lips and arm motion..."GET OFF THE FIELD", I like it! Best of luck to Taj, I assume he has a redshirt year left, meaning use it this year. Did he use a redshirt in his early years?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:I would love to know more about his decision, he certainly has the talent and experience. I wonder how much is attitude toward new coaching philosophies and demands on players. I have seen Cristobal not hesitate to get a kid off the field for a dumb, selfish stunt. I believe it was Pickett a game or two ago had a personal foul and you could read Mario's lips and arm motion..."GET OFF THE FIELD", I like it! Best of luck to Taj, I assume he has a redshirt year left, meaning use it this year. Did he use a redshirt in his early years?
He hasn't redshirted so he'll likely take this year as his redshirt and likely become a grad transfer wherever he ends up.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Too bad, ill be interested to see what the reasoning is behind his lack of PT...
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

justducky0 wrote:Too bad, ill be interested to see what the reasoning is behind his lack of PT...
His lack of PT at RB is explainable , he doesn't fit the scheme. Why he wasn't moved to WR and utilized there idk, he could have become the next Byron Marshall.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
justducky0 wrote:Too bad, ill be interested to see what the reasoning is behind his lack of PT...
His lack of PT at RB is explainable , he doesn't fit the scheme. Why he wasn't moved to WR and utilized there idk, he could have become the next Byron Marshall.
He was tried at WR and didn't do anything special. He isn't as good of a football player as Byron Marshall is/was, that is the bottom line. Not every RB can simply be moved to WR and "become the next Byron Marshall."
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

gogreen55 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
He was tried at WR and didn't do anything special. He isn't as good of a football player as Byron Marshall is/was, that is the bottom line. Not every RB can simply be moved to WR and "become the next Byron Marshall."
I said could have meaning there was no guarantee. I forgot that he was given an opportunity at WR. Sucks it didn't work out but I wish him all the best moving forward in his life.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Nice statement from Cristobal “I think at points in time throughout a young man’s career, it’s time to keep going or it’s time to do something else. I don’t ever judge that,” Cristobal said. “For us it’s very simple, we do right by our guys until the very end. Whether there’s agreement or disagreement on playing time, it doesn’t matter. You’re always respectful throughout the entire process. That’s what you owe everyone, that’s what everyone owes each other in these processes.

“So I think that when a young man explores those options or whatnot, I really have no problem with that at all.”
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

maxduck wrote:Nice statement from Cristobal “I think at points in time throughout a young man’s career, it’s time to keep going or it’s time to do something else. I don’t ever judge that,” Cristobal said. “For us it’s very simple, we do right by our guys until the very end. Whether there’s agreement or disagreement on playing time, it doesn’t matter. You’re always respectful throughout the entire process. That’s what you owe everyone, that’s what everyone owes each other in these processes.

“So I think that when a young man explores those options or whatnot, I really have no problem with that at all.”
I've also heard the coaches talk about telling the players they are trying to recruit their replacements or guys to take their job. Mario always seems to come off as an effective and honest communicator. Funny how that last part helps with the first part.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Makes sense. Surprised he didn't leave earlier honestly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13