#12 Oregon @ #25 WSU (Oct. 20, Sat 4:30 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 WSU (Oct. 20, Sat 4:30 PM FOX)

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Their defensive line relies on slants and late alignment shifts and quickness to disrupt blocking assignments...last year we looked totally confused against their strategy. Hope we learned something....
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Jesseisabeast wrote:Their defensive line relies on slants and late alignment shifts and quickness to disrupt blocking assignments...last year we looked totally confused against their strategy. Hope we learned something....
Definitely hope they learned something. What I like, is that Leavitt has coached against them for 4 years or so. He knows their scheme. Peterson, and his players in the post game said the Ducks have a different game plan, and better intensity. Ducks should own both lines, ground and pound, and keep the Wazzu offense on the sidelines for good stretches, minimizing a shoot out.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah I agree. I think we plan to 'Stanford' them next week. Long, methodical drives to keep them out of rhythm and condense the game.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah I agree. I think we plan to 'Stanford' them next week. Long, methodical drives to keep them out of rhythm and condense the game.
Absolutely. How weird is that to say? We are going to ‘Stanford’ them. Perfect, yet furthest from my Duck mentality over the last 20 years. It’s a new team, and happy to watch a new path to success, as long as it moves the team forward. Hell, I’d be good with the wishbone if it was what gets it done.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Chip always wanted to bring more power to the blur offense.

He wasn't going to 350 lb OL, but he and frost talked about combining hard-nosed old school football with the spread.

Of course, bama did it first
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Oregon is going to have to withstand what I assume will be a fast start for Wazzu. That crowd is going to be jacked up but the question will be if they can sustain it. A notoriously raucous and drunk crowd, a Gameday appearance might push them over the top into blackout territory. Hopefully our OL can dominate the LOS and put together a couple soul crushing, physically imposing drives.
Duckfan69
High School Drop Out

Post by Duckfan69 »

I just wanted to point out that coach Jim Mastro was on the WSU staff for six seasons. He knows the pirates air raid offense better than anyone, and this should help out somewhat game plan for the cougs. This should a big bonus for Leavitt and Heyward knowing tendancies and targets.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, hard to imagine a fan base with reason to be any more hyped up in the middle of a season, particularly one not accustomed to a whole lot of success for its team, than the Coug one right now. WSU is, technically, the only North Division team that controls its own destiny, with the Cougs, Stanford, UW and the Ducks all with a single conference loss, but WSU yet to play any of the three other teams. It really "starts" this weekend for the Cougs -- fresh off a bye week with GameDay in attendance -- to see if they're for real.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

I think them being ranked in the top 25 and gameday coming for the first time, the moment will be too big for them. We are going to have to just stay committed to what we do, and weather the storm. Even if we start slow, as many have said on here they will find a way to lose. There's a reason coug'd is a real thing.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

This is the scariest game left. Of course, any game can be lost, except maybe OSU. I would like to see some other receivers step up so Herbert is not so locked in on Mitchell. Just looked at UO roster. We don't have a single senior OL. We would return our entire starting offense if Herbert stays, with depth. Also, most of defense, though some important losses. Should be NC contender next year.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Washington State is a weird match-up for us. Their offense is built to exploit our defenses weakness. It's going to be an interesting one. I'm nervous about it, but I'm feeling confident we have too much talent for them to handle.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck58 wrote:This is the scariest game left. Of course, any game can be lost, except maybe OSU. I would like to see some other receivers step up so Herbert is not so locked in on Mitchell. Just looked at UO roster. We don't have a single senior OL. We would return our entire starting offense if Herbert stays, with depth. Also, most of defense, though some important losses. Should be NC contender next year.
I'd say that this game, the ASU game, and the Utah game are the ones that scare me the most.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Pullman always sucks
greenyellow wrote:
duck58 wrote:This is the scariest game left. Of course, any game can be lost, except maybe OSU. I would like to see some other receivers step up so Herbert is not so locked in on Mitchell. Just looked at UO roster. We don't have a single senior OL. We would return our entire starting offense if Herbert stays, with depth. Also, most of defense, though some important losses. Should be NC contender next year.
I'd say that this game, the ASU game, and the Utah game are the ones that scare me the most.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

The schedule has Oregon with a "neutral" game in Texas against Auburn, at ASU, at Stanford, at USC (Clay Helton is undefeated at the Coliseum), and at Washington. Obviously no info on bye weeks or back to back road games which could make it worse. Oregon should run the table at home but that is a tough road slate.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wazzu does have a bye too leading up to this game

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13