How was Autzen?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

How was Autzen?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I got free tickets to sit in section 36 about 50 rows up, so I was next to the Husky section and higher up than I've ever been at game in Autzen. Curious to see how you thought the game environment was?

Didn't seem loud for me very much the whole time. Stanford game noise level and just crowd excitement was noticeably greater than the Washington game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Re: How was Autzen?

Post by Juice »

I don't have Stanford to compare it to, but it sounded pretty damn loud the whole game from a couple rows up.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Stanford game was louder this year. It was loud, but had better energy than the Stanford game, even before the final outcome. No one left early.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The thing about Autzen is the sound goes towards the field. If you sit high, it doesn't sound as loud. If you want to know what Autzen was like, listen to what our rivals on dawgman had to say. Basically, they are jealous of the environment we have.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:The thing about Autzen is the sound goes towards the field. If you sit high, it doesn't sound as loud. If you want to know what Autzen was like, listen to what our rivals on dawgman had to say. Basically, they are jealous of the environment we have.
But, but, but how can it be that they are jealous????? They are UW and everything they have and do is the best.

Has anyone seen Ruthie since Saturday night? :lol: :lol: :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

JIDuck97 wrote:Stanford game was louder this year. It was loud, but had better energy than the Stanford game, even before the final outcome. No one left early.
That's what I thought, but hard to tell so high up.

Recruits seemed to speak highly of the environment though. So as long as we win, and they are happy, Sweet!

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

i live about 2 1/2 miles away and i could hear the crowd from my house.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Was sitting at goalpost couple rows up right behind where the team piled on CJ after the TD.

Autzen atmosphere was incredible, and louder than the previous "loudest" game I'd been to (2003 vs Michigan)
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

duckfan22 wrote:i live about 2 1/2 miles away and i could hear the crowd from my house.
That's awesome 8-)
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Juice wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:i live about 2 1/2 miles away and i could hear the crowd from my house.
That's awesome 8-)

Now that’s something to be jealous of :D
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Curious if they measured the decibel level on CJ’s final TD. No idea where to even look for something like that. Google/Bing just brings up all the past ones they have measured, nothing from Sat.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

chapelhillduck wrote:Was sitting at goalpost couple rows up right behind where the team piled on CJ after the TD.

Autzen atmosphere was incredible, and louder than the previous "loudest" game I'd been to (2003 vs Michigan)
Dang, well I'm never sitting that high up again lol.

jsfduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jsfduck »

I can say from watching on TV it was loud, in fact I was telling my dad how you had a difficult time hearing the announcers. Not anything scientific but I thought it was much louder than usual. Great showing by the crowd.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

It was louder than it has been for a few years. But it doesn't even start to compare to what it was like for Oklahoma or Halloween USC games. You used to not be able to hear yourself think, and it doesn't get anywhere near there anymore.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

When I walked out of both the Chokelahoma and Meatchicken games, my ears were literally buzzing like static on a poorly tuned radio for a couple days.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!