Is Herbert’s workload too much?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

He’s taking really hard classes like organic chemistry and puts a lot of work clearly by his GPA, that’s simply amazing and something he should be proud of! Is it possible that the demanding classes he’s succeeding at is contributing to some of his struggles with football? Seems like his timing was very off and he’s uncomfortable in the pocket. Obviously you can’t discourage a kid from working hard in school, he should keep it up! Just wondering if maybe his tough school schedule is stunting his football growth.

I’m hoping he pulls a Dennis Dixon and returns for his Sr year and has a super light school schedule so he can focus full time on football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Re: Is Herbert’s workload too much?

Post by Jesseisabeast »

What do the other players do all week that they can’t run block or pass protect or hang onto the ball or catch passes or snap it to our quarterbacks hands or punt or kickoff or tackle or cover guys???? Maybe they should all ditch more classes lol
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Jesseisabeast wrote:What do the other players do all week that they can’t run block or pass protect or hang onto the ball or catch passes or snap it to our quarterbacks hands or punt or kickoff or tackle or cover guys???? Maybe they should all ditch more classes lol
Dude, slow down now, I never said Herbert is the worst or the reason for our struggles, I won’t deny he has crappy WR’s and a crappy offensive scheme and a crappy OLine, but he played pretty crappy as well. Just wondering if this is contributing to his inconsistent play and timing issues. Plus, no, don’t ditch class, but there’s plenty of academic schedules that are lighter than Herbert’s.

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:He’s taking really hard classes like organic chemistry and puts a lot of work clearly by his GPA, that’s simply amazing and something he should be proud of! Is it possible that the demanding classes he’s succeeding at is contributing to some of his struggles with football? Seems like his timing was very off and he’s uncomfortable in the pocket. Obviously you can’t discourage a kid from working hard in school, he should keep it up! Just wondering if maybe his tough school schedule is stunting his football growth.

I’m hoping he pulls a Dennis Dixon and returns for his Sr year and has a super light school schedule so he can focus full time on football.

I feel like this is a post that will/should go viral, much like the supposedly fake Bama post about Tua’s adjustment to speaking a new language moving from Hawaii to Bama.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alaba ... -point-wr/
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Jesseisabeast wrote:What do the other players do all week that they can’t run block or pass protect or hang onto the ball or catch passes or snap it to our quarterbacks hands or punt or kickoff or tackle or cover guys???? Maybe they should all ditch more classes lol
Dude, slow down now, I never said Herbert is the worst or the reason for our struggles, I won’t deny he has crappy WR’s and a crappy offensive scheme and a crappy OLine, but he played pretty crappy as well. Just wondering if this is contributing to his inconsistent play and timing issues. Plus, no, don’t ditch class, but there’s plenty of academic schedules that are lighter than Herbert’s.

Hey sorry I’m just watching bad football and making sure blame is shared....my beer choices weren’t good either. I actually knew Justin’s family very well back in the day. Roger was my biology teacher, I played some intramural ball at Oregon with Mark....went to Sheldon and all that. School and grades are their priority. It’s not some cliche. I think Justin is almost too well-rounded much like Marcus.

I also think he has all the tools like Marcus so great coaches mold that clay but Mario is all about the OL. We play in an offensive conference in an offensive time so that’s what needs fixed..if Justin leaves we have a new quarterback in 5-6 games so there’s sure lots to fix
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Jesseisabeast wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Hey sorry I’m just watching bad football and making sure blame is shared....my beer choices weren’t good either. I actually knew Justin’s family very well back in the day. Roger was my biology teacher, I played some intramural ball at Oregon with Mark....went to Sheldon and all that. School and grades are their priority. It’s not some cliche. I think Justin is almost too well-rounded much like Marcus.

I also think he has all the tools like Marcus so great coaches mold that clay but Mario is all about the OL. We play in an offensive conference in an offensive time so that’s what needs fixed..if Justin leaves we have a new quarterback in 5-6 games so there’s sure lots to fix
Fair points, and you are 100% right, I don’t disagree at all. My nephew was the bat boy for Sheldon when Herbert was a Sr, he’s a wonderful young man and I’m glad he’s a duck! I was just clarifying that I’m not putting any of this on Herbert, but simply noticing tonight he was way off, and with two straight road games and a tough academic schedule, I just wonder if that was a bit much for any student athlete to not get a little overwhelmed by. Justin is human too, with an inhuman arm.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck24 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:He’s taking really hard classes like organic chemistry and puts a lot of work clearly by his GPA, that’s simply amazing and something he should be proud of! Is it possible that the demanding classes he’s succeeding at is contributing to some of his struggles with football? Seems like his timing was very off and he’s uncomfortable in the pocket. Obviously you can’t discourage a kid from working hard in school, he should keep it up! Just wondering if maybe his tough school schedule is stunting his football growth.

I feel like this is a post that will/should go viral, much like the supposedly fake Bama post about Tua’s adjustment to speaking a new language moving from Hawaii to Bama.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alaba ... -point-wr/
I fail to see how this even compares to that thread. Being a student athlete requires a lot, and Justin has a harder academic schedule than most students, he’s got a lot going on right now. Do you really believe the idea or Herbert having a really hard workload and that overwhelming him to be that stupid?

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

This thread is embarrassing. No wonder Oregon fans don’t have the best reputation.

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lmduck wrote:This thread is embarrassing. No wonder Oregon fans don’t have the best reputation.

^^^ What he said ^^^

Our QB tries to be an actual academic and it’s construed as negative.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck24 wrote:
lmduck wrote:This thread is embarrassing. No wonder Oregon fans don’t have the best reputation.

^^^ What he said ^^^

Our QB tries to be an actual academic and it’s construed as negative.
Yes cause I totally said it was wrong of him to work so hard at school.

lol some people are funny, they read a post/thread with their own interpretation and insult people based off their own interpretation. Let me clarify, this is only speculation, not trying to fix a problem, Herbert is better than what we’ve seen the last two weeks, just throwing out a possible reason for his struggles. His academic achievements are something he should be proud of and I’m glad that he’s so focused on school, something that makes this University proud.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Boy, this thread is not going to end pretty. Time to just put it out of its misery now.