Transfers, Former Ducks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Transfers, Former Ducks

Post by TualatinDuck »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index. ... iver_index

Reading the stats on these guys makes me wonder if they were all actually overrated or our coaches at the time just blinded by star's.

Anyone else read it that way?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Transfers, Former Ducks

Post by Everythingsducky »

Really surprised Jalen Brown hasn't done anything. Is he hurt? Kinda crazy Ofodile has played in all games, yet hasn't had a catch.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say it's a combination of being overrated and underdeveloped by coaches.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Jalen Brown suffered a massive leg injury early last season. He would definitely be one of Northwestern's top WRs if that didn't happen.

Surprised to see Hotchkins doing so well. He wasn't great for us, but I think we could have used him this season.

Ofodile has been a major bust.

Kirk Merritt is definitely someone who could have helped us or A&M but he couldn't stop showing his pee pee.

Tristan Wallace is another one we could have used, if he didn't allegedly do something bad.

Terry Wilson would have been nice to have last year after Herbert's injury, but happy to see him as the QB for a top-25 team.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I never understood the Jalen Brown transfer. The guy would definitely be one of the main receivers if he was still at Oregon. Lovette and Ofodile were unbelievable busts. Man, we all thought we really had something the year those guys signed.

Terry Wilson would still be warming the bench at Oregon. He made a good decision to transfer.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Hotchkins, Elliott, and Wallace are the ones I think would have done well here. (Perhaps Merritt too)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Phalanx wrote:I never understood the Jalen Brown transfer. The guy would definitely be one of the main receivers if he was still at Oregon. Lovette and Ofodile were unbelievable busts. Man, we all thought we really had something the year those guys signed.

Terry Wilson would still be warming the bench at Oregon. He made a good decision to transfer.
Brown went to Northwestern to pursue his Master's
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Jalen Brown is getting a Masters of Sports Management. Northwestern has a highly regarded program plus the proximity to Chicago has to be a benefit.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Brown is very smart and recognizes that he's not going to have a career in the NFL. Why not get a great education and a free master's degree from a top university.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phalanx wrote:I never understood the Jalen Brown transfer. The guy would definitely be one of the main receivers if he was still at Oregon. Lovette and Ofodile were unbelievable busts. Man, we all thought we really had something the year those guys signed.

Coaching staff(s) did Lovette no favors by switching him from WR/DB seemingly every other week.

Whatever came of the issues with Tristen Wallace? And wasn’t someone else implicated with him? Another top LB that I recall beating out UCLA for.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Duck24 wrote:

Coaching staff(s) did Lovette no favors by switching him from WR/DB seemingly every other week.

Whatever came of the issues with Tristen Wallace? And wasn’t someone else implicated with him? Another top LB that I recall beating out UCLA for.
I don't know if there were charges brought against either Tristan Wallace or Darrian Franklin, the 4-star LB. Franklin has seemingly disappeared from the face of the Earth, and Wallace didn't exactly have D-1 powers knocking down the door at his JuCo despite being a freak athlete.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I thought I saw that Franklin was at a community college, although that was last year. Maybe he will turn up next year as a JUCO transfer.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

The issues with Wallace and Franklin were extremely serious. UO did the right thing cutting them loose. The implications of them remaining with the football program would have been way too risky.

Other than the few things posted here not sure what they are up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Brown probably saw right through FWT bull right away, and left.