Apelu out for season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dphi
Two Star Recruit

Re: Apelu our for season

Post by dphi »

gogreen55 wrote:
wepto wrote:You think we're going to lose to Oregon State?
Oregon State's offense is statistically better than UCLA's. Point per game, yards per game, etc. The Beavers rank way ahead of them. The Ducks just gave up 500 yards to UCLA, despite the UCLA receivers dropping several passes. UCLA gained more yards against the Ducks than any team they have faced this season. If the Ducks don't get it together on the defensive side of the ball, the Beavers will have more offensive success in the Civil War than people are anticipating. Fortunately, the Beavers' defense is an absolute train wreck, but the Oregon offense isn't exactly firing on all cylinders either. The Ducks made a horrible Arizona defense look like the Steel Curtain. The Civil War looked like a certain victory about a month ago, but I wouldn't classify it as such now.
UCLA also ran a lot more plays against Oregon than other teams, and Oregon went prevent in the fourth quarter which resulted in lots of yards.

I feel pretty good about the Civil War given OSU's depth - they aren't going to be the same team at the end of the season as they have been.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Apelu out for season

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:nogerO picking an interesting place to air his grievances.
Not airing any grievances buddy, just my opinion on where this season may wind up. I’m pretty sure ASU and Utah won’t have much trouble beating our Ducks right now and Oregon State at Corn Valley will be a very big game for the beavers under their new coach midget Smith. I sincerely hope I’m wrong about finishing 6-6 but my gut says otherwise. Just my opinion and apparently this board is showing signs of becoming eDuck lite where not drinking the green kool-aid gets you chastised. Hope I’m wrong about that too.

Go Ducks!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

nogerO wrote:
Not airing any grievances buddy, just my opinion on where this season may wind up. I’m pretty sure ASU and Utah won’t have much trouble beating our Ducks right now and Oregon State at Corn Valley will be a very big game for the beavers under their new coach midget Smith. I sincerely hope I’m wrong about finishing 6-6 but my gut says otherwise. Just my opinion and apparently this board is showing signs of becoming eDuck lite where not drinking the green kool-aid gets you chastised. Hope I’m wrong about that too.

Go Ducks!!!
Yeah, those powerhouses should have no trouble with the Ducks. Utah with their true freshman QB making his first start, and 5-4 ASU with that 1-3 record on the road, while Oregon has played fairly well at home. Makes perfect sense. You're welcome to have your opinion (you have hardly been chastised), but I will say you are overreacting greatly to a couple of subpar performances. The teams the Ducks are playing have had some true stinkers, but that's irrelevant because the Ducks had a couple of lousy games.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
"buddy" haha. Nice passive aggressiveness.

I'm ribbing you for responding to a thread about Apelu's career possibly being over by saying Oregon is going to lose to Utah, ASU and OSU. Just off-topic.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
"buddy" haha. Nice passive aggressiveness.

I'm ribbing you for responding to a thread about Apelu's career possibly being over by saying Oregon is going to lose to Utah, ASU and OSU. Just off-topic.
I actually think you are one of the best and most informed posters on this site. Just curious about the "airing grievances" passive/agressive comment. :D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I appreciate that. My comment about passive aggressiveness is mostly from watching people on various boards say “buddy” (‘scout,’ ‘sport’) in a condescending way. Just become a loaded term. But I’ll take it positively if that’s the way you meant it. Much appreciated open communication.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:I appreciate that. My comment about passive aggressiveness is mostly from watching people on various boards say “buddy” (‘scout,’ ‘sport’) in a condescending way. Just become a loaded term. But I’ll take it positively if that’s the way you meant it. Much appreciated open communication.
Glad you didn't jump to conclusions over it. Open communication is something our entire population needs right now.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
Yeah, those powerhouses should have no trouble with the Ducks. Utah with their true freshman QB making his first start, and 5-4 ASU with that 1-3 record on the road, while Oregon has played fairly well at home. Makes perfect sense. You're welcome to have your opinion (you have hardly been chastised), but I will say you are overreacting greatly to a couple of subpar performances. The teams the Ducks are playing have had some true stinkers, but that's irrelevant because the Ducks had a couple of lousy games.

Time will tell...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

nogerO wrote:
droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
Nogero-1, Droop-0.
Time will tell...
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

nogerO wrote:
nogerO wrote:
droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
Nogero-1, Droop-0.
Time will tell...
I thought you said Utah would have no trouble with the Ducks? To me that insinuates dominant victories, not coming back in the 4th quarter with the help of our striped friends. Ducks are a bad road team, but play well at home. ASU just beat UCLA by 3 points, when Oregon won comfortably by 21 the week before. I still see no reason that ASU should have 0 problems with Oregon, especially at Autzen.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:
nogerO wrote:
droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Go Ducks!!!
Nogero-1, Droop-0.
Time will tell...
I thought you said Utah would have no trouble with the Ducks? To me that insinuates dominant victories, not coming back in the 4th quarter with the help of our striped friends. Ducks are a bad road team, but play well at home. ASU just beat UCLA by 3 points, when Oregon won comfortably by 21 the week before. I still see no reason that ASU should have 0 problems with Oregon, especially at Autzen.
Oh I see a win is not a win? Sounds like Florida...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Negative Points for each of you.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Eh, I'm not gonna sit here and argue semantics. Nowhere did I say they wouldn't lose another game. My main argument was with your insinuation that it would be a cakewalk for Utah and ASU, which it most certainly wasn't. If you want to take a "win," go for it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Friendly reminder for everyone on the board: I know people are frustrated with how the season is going but the levels of snarkiness and pettiness need to drop. Also, try to stop using so many quotes in one post, maybe stop if there'll be more than 5 quoted quotes. If you need to continue referencing someone in that long conversation, just mention the person you're trying to talk to.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:
droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote:
nogerO wrote:
droop10 wrote:
nogerO wrote: Not airing any grievances buddy, just my opinion on where this season may wind up. I’m pretty sure ASU and Utah won’t have much trouble beating our Ducks right now and Oregon State at Corn Valley will be a very big game for the beavers under their new coach midget Smith. I sincerely hope I’m wrong about finishing 6-6 but my gut says otherwise. Just my opinion and apparently this board is showing signs of becoming eDuck lite where not drinking the green kool-aid gets you chastised. Hope I’m wrong about that too.

Go Ducks!!!
Nogero-1, Droop-0.
Time will tell...
Oh I see a win is not a win? Sounds like Florida...
Sooooo are you bragging about being right in regards to Oregon losing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk