Greenblood
Senior

Tabari Hines transferring

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07
All-American

Re: Tabari Hines transferring

Post by Duck07 »

He might want to transfer down to a G5 or less if he couldn't break out on our roster.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Anyone know the story here?

I'm assuming he had an attitude problem or behavioral issue but I don't have any evidence
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Weird

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

injuries and did not learn the playbook- bottom line.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

He came across as a bright guy on his twitter. He's a college graduate. I have a hard time believing he couldn't learn the playbook and even harder time believing he's not good enough.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

AshlandDuck wrote:He came across as a bright guy on his twitter. He's a college graduate. I have a hard time believing he couldn't learn the playbook and even harder time believing he's not good enough.
US News ranks Wake Forest at 27th in national universities (Oregon is 102) and he graduated in three years while playing football. Maybe the WR playbook is incredibly complicated and that is why we have only one receiver that performs above a high school level.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I expect he thought the Ducks would be good and that is his reason. The Ducks are not all that good.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

AshlandDuck wrote:He came across as a bright guy on his twitter. He's a college graduate. I have a hard time believing he couldn't learn the playbook and even harder time believing he's not good enough.
did not learn the playbook and could not learn the playbook are two different things. He also had injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lmduck wrote:
did not learn the playbook and could not learn the playbook are two different things. He also had injuries.

Has there been a grad transfer at Oregon who didn't have consistent injuries that didn't let them on the field?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Has there been a grad transfer at Oregon who didn't have consistent injuries that didn't let them on the field?
Prukop wasn’t injured, just wasn’t good.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Matt Hegarty
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

lmduck wrote:

I don't believe for a second he chose not to learn the playbook. You don't graduate in three years and then transfer for a better opportunity just to mail it in. I followed numerous players leading up to the season on twitter, and by far, I'd say Tabari Hines showed the highest level of maturity and wisdom in his own thoughts and retweets. I do understand that he was injured early, but I really don't think that had anything to do with his lack of playing time, just as I feel the same way about TBJ. They simply weren't part of the gameplan. Based on the effectiveness of the offense I've seen so far, I wouldn't trust personnel decisions as far as I could throw them. Too many Dye carries inside the 10 show this staff has a disconnect with reality in some instances. I firmly believe coaches at all levels pick and choose favorites and I firmly believe coaches will often err in these preferences. I think TBJ and Hines are two of these instances.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck24 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Prukop wasn’t injured, just wasn’t good.
You're right. I completely forgot about Prukop & Adams. Prukop's skill set just didn't fit I feel his film at Montana State looked good.