Oregon @ Oregon State (Nov. 23, Fri 1 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State (Nov. 23, Fri 1 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer wrote:FWIW,I thought Herbert looked to be in good spirits in the shots we saw of him on the sideline.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Best thing about this win is it all but eliminates the possibility that Oregon has to play in the Vegas Bowl, allowing Oregon to have 3 full weekends to host recruiting visits before the early signing period starts.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

I’m sure the players aren’t so pleased. Vegas or El Paso...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:Best thing about this win is it all but eliminates the possibility that Oregon has to play in the Vegas Bowl, allowing Oregon to have 3 full weekends to host recruiting visits before the early signing period starts.

I had forgotten what happened last year, that is good news!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

brich75 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
The TV announcers said that the injury to Herbert appeared to be his hand, but it likely wasn't his throwing hand because he used that hand to stand up with after the sack. If it had hurt I can't imagine him putting his body weight on it. Even a fractured metacarpal hurts.
He clearly grabs his shoulder/collar bone when you watch the replay. But I watched him lift both arms up so I doubt it’s collar bone. Hopefully just being cautious
Sat 3rd row behind the bench, definitely his shoulder not collar bone. He tried throwing right after, and then again about 5 min later. Winced everytime and there was a hitch in it. A doc came over and pushed a little on it and he almost fell over and at that point they were done trying.

Cyrus wasn't suited up until after TBJ and Verdell went down, he went into the locker room and got his stuff on and came back out and started warming up.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

pudgejeff wrote:[

He clearly grabs his shoulder/collar bone when you watch the replay. But I watched him lift both arms up so I doubt it’s collar bone. Hopefully just being cautious

Sat 3rd row behind the bench, definitely his shoulder not collar bone. He tried throwing right after, and then again about 5 min later. Winced everytime and there was a hitch in it. A doc came over and pushed a little on it and he almost fell over and at that point they were done trying.

Given the mechanism of the injury, that they want to get an MRI and your description, it sounds like an AC joint sprain.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Why did Mario choose to run it on the last two plays with the clock running down and the huge lead, instead of just setting up victory formation and taking two knees?

Imagine if our RB or a lineman gets injured on one of those two final plays when we really have nothing to gain from running two more rushing plays. Mario doesn't seem like a stat padder, so was perplexing.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

alxtw wrote:Why did Mario choose to run it on the last two plays with the clock running down and the huge lead, instead of just setting up victory formation and taking two knees?

Imagine if our RB or a lineman gets injured on one of those two final plays when we really have nothing to gain from running two more rushing plays. Mario doesn't seem like a stat padder, so was perplexing.

I wondered the same thing. I wondered if it's just that Burmeister has never run the victory formation under Cristobal - like even in practice. That would seem stupid though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

alxtw wrote:Why did Mario choose to run it on the last two plays with the clock running down and the huge lead, instead of just setting up victory formation and taking two knees?

My guess is he didn't like OS throwing in their last drive (and scoring a TD) when the game was clearly over.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

^ I wondered about that too and now I agree MC wanted to prevent a garbage time score. I wish he had played Shough though. Burmeister looked confident but I have a tough time trusting him. Hopefully he will become a good QB by next season. Would have enjoyed seeing Shough play, maybe pass a few times.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Still haven't watched the game yet. Will watch it tonight.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Watched the game. Beavers are really bad.

Good job by our OL taking advantage of them most the game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched the game. Beavers are really bad.

I hadn't watched them at all this season so I was kinda surprised at how bad they were. I expected them to be much better offensively anyway, instead they were just offensive.

I have the game on the DVR still and plan to sit down and re-watch this weekend.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched the game. Beavers are really bad.

I rewatched a bit of it and the Beavers really shot themselves in the foot alot when trying to get fancy. They'd establish drives and then do something dumb like a jump pass or double reverse and it'd go horrifically wrong. Oregon's offensive line did well but the defense seems to have regressed since the Stanford and Washington games.