I miss something?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

I miss something?

Post by duckfan96 »

Did Jelks get injured? Saw him on sideline(I thought) during a couple 3rd down pass rush situations.
Duck07
All-American

Re: I miss something?

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:Did Jelks get injured? Saw him on sideline(I thought) during a couple 3rd down pass rush situations.
Must have been because I noticed that he was "resting" for far more than just a normal 2nd unit sub. I did see that Faoliu came back with a wrap on his upper arm after they had initially looked at his leg/knee.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Imho Gus is better at that spot anyways. Jelks has been average this year for the most part.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Imho Gus is better at that spot anyways. Jelks has been average this year for the most part.
I saw a graphic recently that he was among the leaders in the conference in QB pressures. He's not getting a lot of sacks or TFL like last season, but he is getting pressure.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Jelks is a monster when he gets to rush the passer. The problem he had this year is they put him at OLB and dropped him into zone coverage way to much instead of letting him do what he does best.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

From a O-live bit about practice today

EUGENE -- Oregon's starting defensive end were absent from practice Tuesday.

Neither Jalen Jelks or Austin Faoliu were seen at the Moshofsky Center as Drayton Carlberg and Gary Baker worked with the first-team defense, the rest of which was present.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Hoping that's just some resting up for a late season short week game.