Herbert Injury Status?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ncduck
Senior

Re: Herbert Injury Status?

Post by ncduck »

Alan wrote:Sports illustrated put out a bowl projection yesterday, they have Oregon playing Iowa in the holiday bowl on New years eve. It would be a great bowl game for the ducks plus give Herbert over 5 weeks to mend.

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl, San Diego (7 p.m. ET, FS1)
Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Iowa v Oregon
Would we have Penei back?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

According to Cristobal on Monday, Sewell was basically one week out from playing again. He was supposedly available in an emergency situation for the CW.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

ESPN had Iowa vs Oregon in the holiday or Minnesota vs Oregon in the Redbox bowl
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Crapzano and his totally 100% legit and not made up Oregon Ducks sources (cough cough Blount punched Bellotti cough cough Masoli tore his ACL cough cough) says it’s a deep bone bruise. Saw it on twitter but won’t post the tweet to provided link because that bald faced douchenozzle doesn’t deserve the clicks.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

greenyellow wrote:According to Cristobal on Monday, Sewell was basically one week out from playing again. He was supposedly available in an emergency situation for the CW.
Thanks!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Duck24 wrote:Crapzano and his totally 100% legit and not made up Oregon Ducks sources (cough cough Blount punched Bellotti cough cough Masoli tore his ACL cough cough) says it’s a deep bone bruise. Saw it on twitter but won’t post the tweet to provided link because that bald faced douchenozzle doesn’t deserve the clicks.
I heard this also while shamefully listening to his show.. he is also really pushing Herbert the the NFL and Cristobal going after Hurst as a grad transfer to Oregon
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

And this from the Eugene Register-Guard
https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181 ... -be-severe
"Injury to Oregon Ducks quarterback Justin Herbert not believed to be severe"
"a source confirming Monday, 'He’s good'.”
maxduck wrote:O-Live is reporting the same.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index. ... suffe.html
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

brich75 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Crapzano and his totally 100% legit and not made up Oregon Ducks sources (cough cough Blount punched Bellotti cough cough Masoli tore his ACL cough cough) says it’s a deep bone bruise. Saw it on twitter but won’t post the tweet to provided link because that bald faced douchenozzle doesn’t deserve the clicks.
I heard this also while shamefully listening to his show.. he is also really pushing Herbert the the NFL and Cristobal going after Hurst as a grad transfer to Oregon
Hurst? or Jalen Hurts?
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

spacefrog13x wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Hurst? or Jalen Hurts?
Too bad kelly bryant is announcing so early, dec. 4, or else we could have gone after him too if herbert leaves.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

No one believes Shough can play ? Did I miss something?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

FlDuckFan wrote:No one believes Shough can play ? Did I miss something?
I don't think it's that. I think bringing in a solid grad transfer like Jalen Hurts would not only serve the program well, but it would also allow Shough and Millen to develop another year behind an experienced QB. If Hurts does come to Oregon, I'd expect BB to transfer, though that's not guaranteed.

It would also be very helpful in keeping this class together. The question is "how long will Herbert take to decide if he's coming back or not?" The situation may be in limbo until January. Would Hurts wait for us? I'm sure we won't be the only school after his services.
John 3:36
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

alxtw wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Hurst? or Jalen Hurts?
Too bad kelly bryant is announcing so early, dec. 4, or else we could have gone after him too if herbert leaves.

Hurts... you would understand the typos if ya saw the size of these thumbs!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

SuperDuck wrote:
I don't think it's that. I think bringing in a solid grad transfer like Jalen Hurts would not only serve the program well, but it would also allow Shough and Millen to develop another year behind an experienced QB. If Hurts does come to Oregon, I'd expect BB to transfer, though that's not guaranteed.

It would also be very helpful in keeping this class together. The question is "how long will Herbert take to decide if he's coming back or not?" The situation may be in limbo until January. Would Hurts wait for us? I'm sure we won't be the only school after his services.
Baring some major stumble, Hurts and Alabama will likely be playing in the CFP championship game on January 7th. The early entry deadline is January 14th so I'm sure any movement would be known fairly quickly.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

Baring some major stumble, Hurts and Alabama will likely be playing in the CFP championship game on January 7th. The early entry deadline is January 14th so I'm sure any movement would be known fairly quickly.
Unless Mario helped recruit him and there is a bond there, Oregon seems like a poor fit for Hurts skill set.