Leavitt/Texas Tech rumors

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Leavitt/Texas Tech rumors

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Jim Leavitt's name is being thrown around for the Texas Tech job, mainly due to his past history with their AD. Sure hope Utah State's coach gets the job instead.
Alan
Senior

Re: Leavitt/Texas Tech rumors

Post by Alan »

We all knew these rumors wouldn't take long to get going. I firmly believe Leavitt's time with the Ducks is short term, if he doesn't go to Tex Tech somebody will cough up the $ for him.... he has way too much experience and the issue with his ex player is many years ago.....people tend to forget or appear to have forgotten. I hope he sticks for another year or two.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Alan wrote:We all knew these rumors wouldn't take long to get going. I firmly believe Leavitt's time with the Ducks is short term, if he doesn't go to Tex Tech somebody will cough up the $ for him.... he has way too much experience and the issue with his ex player is many years ago.....people tend to forget or appear to have forgotten. I hope he sticks for another year or two.
After the issue with Leach, I doubt TTech goes after a coach that has been fired for abusing a player at a previous stop.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

karlhungis wrote:
Alan wrote:We all knew these rumors wouldn't take long to get going. I firmly believe Leavitt's time with the Ducks is short term, if he doesn't go to Tex Tech somebody will cough up the $ for him.... he has way too much experience and the issue with his ex player is many years ago.....people tend to forget or appear to have forgotten. I hope he sticks for another year or two.
After the issue with Leach, I doubt TTech goes after a coach that has been fired for abusing a player at a previous stop.

I think that was all Craig's kid, not Leach...... an entitled child whiny to dad......Dad disappeared on espn soon after he used the network for a platform. I was just saying Leavitt's will be gone somewhere soon, no surprise his name is getting tossed around.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I believe Leavitt will be around for a while, from what I’ve heard (nothing super insightful, just a few people who have slight inside stuff in the AD), the coaching staff loves Eugene, this program, and each other, and it’d take something special to get a lot of these coaches to leave. I don’t think Leavitt leaves for Texas Tech, only play I believe he’ll leave for is Kansas St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I know he is 1.7 per year, anyone know his buy out?
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

I think Leavitt is the tenth name I've seen floated for the TTU job so far, and probably one of the least likely. I could definitely see him getting interviews for some of the openings but I don't know if he wants to be an HC again bad enough to go to WKU or something, and I don't see him getting a ton of interest for anything better than that.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Wonder about Colorado? Doesn’t his family still live there?
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I think it makes sense he would take any reasonably good HC job, and not wait for Kansas State. He’s 61 and wants to be a HC again. He can’t wait much longer.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck24 wrote:Wonder about Colorado? Doesn’t his family still live there?
Colorado won’t hire him from what I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

He would literally take any power 5 job. But I doubt anyone offers him a job to be honest, he's on the wrong side of 60, and was fired for striking a player. On top of that, he's just a weird dude.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I do not understand the appeal of Leavitt as a head coach at all.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:He would literally take any power 5 job. But I doubt anyone offers him a job to be honest, he's on the wrong side of 60, and was fired for striking a player. On top of that, he's just a weird dude.
I believe it was Nemec who once said Leavitt wasn't the guy you wanted as the closer in a recruits living room.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

gogreen55 wrote:I do not understand the appeal of Leavitt as a head coach at all.
He did do a good job making USF relevant.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Alan wrote:I know he is 1.7 per year, anyone know his buy out?

It's $500,000 for any school other than KSU.