Would the ducks ever hire tee martin

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Would the ducks ever hire tee martin

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Funny thing is the offense tanked after Helton took over play calling.

24.6 in September with a true freshman QB trying to get up to speed.
31.3 in October, good improvement and growth by the frosh QB during conference play.
24.0 in November with Helton calling the plays.

The decision to go with the true freshman QB was Helton's, the offense drop at year end was with his play calling. Martin got screwed after 2 good years by USC standards and not a bad performance this year. The wrong guy got canned.

Would love to see him at WR and Co-Offensive coordinator for Road Games. (new position I invented, where he couldn't possibly be worse than what we have.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Helton basically threw Martin under the bus to save his own behind. Martin will surely land on his feet.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

You can have all the 5 star WR's and RB's in the world but without and OL to block good luck haha. He's essentially a dead man walking already so it will be surprising who wants to come in and work there until they fall flat and fire everyone in the next year or two if he's lucky...
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

neezy3 wrote:You can have all the 5 star WR's and RB's in the world but without and OL to block good luck haha. He's essentially a dead man walking already so it will be surprising who wants to come in and work there until they fall flat and fire everyone in the next year or two if he's lucky...
I see this being USC’s biggest issue filling the OC job. Sure it’s USC and they will get someone but is just someone what they need. As a promising coach looking to move up I wouldn’t be willing to bet my career on a HC who is on the hot seat, hasn’t improved productivity, discipline and player development since taking over with all the talent in the world and a school that recruits itself. Not to mention a HC who has already shown a willingness to throw his coaches and players under the bus to save his own sorry pathetic ass. They say coaches like to accept difficult challenges but this would basically be career siicide and his agent will get the assist. And YES this makes me happy :lol:

The only thing better than seeing USC burning would be to see the Puppy’s program a dumpster fire.