Senior

Would the ducks ever hire tee martin

Post by jimmy12 »

As passing coordinator or some title?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Would the ducks ever hire tee martin

Post by GrandpaDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:As passing coordinator or some title?
Not sure, how many emoji's per tweet does he average?

Having a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator and a general OC and an offensive head coach would balance out the number of titles that the defense coaches have.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Prob one of the best recruiters in college football
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:Prob one of the best recruiters in college football
And actual past success as an OC.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

To recruit, you have to be an official member of the staff and we don’t have any openings on the offensive side of the ball.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:To recruit, you have to be an official member of the staff and we don’t have any openings on the offensive side of the ball.
At the moment.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Martin just got fired from USC with all the talent there he could not get their
offense in gear. I suspect he would not be a highly sought after coach. We have
a great staff of recruiters need to make sure they can coach them up as well
just my 2 cents worth
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Tee has a background coaching QB's and, for the last 8-9 years, wide receivers. We saw an excellent WR coach fail as OC and return to his expertise with a conference rival. Just sayin'.
Last edited by maxduck on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

maxduck wrote:Tee has a background coaching QB's and, for the 8-9 years, wide receivers. We saw an excellent WR coach fail as OC and return to his expertise with a conference rival. Just sayin'.
you could very well be Wright...we saw first hand with Don Pellum, great lb coach not so
much as a dc ....
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Some rumors from 247 that Clay was overruling the calls from the sidelines but also that his family was happy in LA and he didn't want to leave. I'm not 100% that he was fired from what I read last night but definitely not returning as OC so maybe at another position? Their fanbase is going crazy right now with the retention of Clay so hopefully they don't come after any of our coaches. He's a great recruiter but like someone else mentioned we don't have any available positions at the moment. He's young and I think with all the firings coming he'll land somewhere and might not be interested in taking a step back. Any smoke with our WR coach looking elsewhere since his son is graduating and I believe going to Miami?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

neezy3 wrote:Some rumors from 247 that Clay was overruling the calls from the sidelines but also that his family was happy in LA and he didn't want to leave. I'm not 100% that he was fired from what I read last night but definitely not returning as OC so maybe at another position? Their fanbase is going crazy right now with the retention of Clay so hopefully they don't come after any of our coaches. He's a great recruiter but like someone else mentioned we don't have any available positions at the moment. He's young and I think with all the firings coming he'll land somewhere and might not be interested in taking a step back. Any smoke with our WR coach looking elsewhere since his son is graduating and I believe going to Miami?
Michael Johnson Jr is headed to Penn State but there's been no rumors of his dad leaving so far.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

greenyellow wrote:
neezy3 wrote:Some rumors from 247 that Clay was overruling the calls from the sidelines but also that his family was happy in LA and he didn't want to leave. I'm not 100% that he was fired from what I read last night but definitely not returning as OC so maybe at another position? Their fanbase is going crazy right now with the retention of Clay so hopefully they don't come after any of our coaches. He's a great recruiter but like someone else mentioned we don't have any available positions at the moment. He's young and I think with all the firings coming he'll land somewhere and might not be interested in taking a step back. Any smoke with our WR coach looking elsewhere since his son is graduating and I believe going to Miami?
Michael Johnson Jr is headed to Penn State but there's been no rumors of his dad leaving so far.
MJ Jr. is going to Penn st., no?
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Tough position for Dad being a D1 coach, it's essentially impossible for him to be around his son unless he got a job at the same school or nearby and still tough with all of the hours and travel required with the job title. I think Johnson is showing to be a pretty good recruiter and I think the jury is still out on his coaching abilities. The cupboard was pretty empty this year at his position so we'll see how the new guys develop if he sticks around. He's definitely earned the right for my time at least in my opinion.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dphi wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
MJ Jr. is going to Penn st., no?
He is. neezy saying he was going to Miami had them on my brain instead of PSU.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Helton took over play calling the end of October, effectively demoting Tee Martin. Tee was officially fired this week.

From USC 247 dated 10/29

USC head coach Clay Helton announced a major shakeup on Monday afternoon, firing USC offensive line coach Neil Callaway and that Helton would take over the play calling from offensive coordinator Tee Martin for the rest of the season. Helton promoted running back coach Tim Drevno to offensive line coach to replace Callaway, who was in his third season with the team.

The change comes less than 24 hours after Helton said on his Sunday media call that he would evaluate the staff at the end of the season. The Trojans are currently 4-4 (3-3) and riding a two-game losing streak after Saturday's 38-35 loss to Arizona State, evaporating USC's chance of winning the Pac-12 South.

Martin will remain the OC, "assisting with the weekly organization of the practice and game plan and assisting on game days as Helton calls plays. Martin also will continue as the wide receivers coach and in his recruiting role" per the release. Drevno, who coached USC's offensive line in 2014, returned this season from Michigan as USC's running back coach and running game/pass protection coordinator this spring.