Any clues to what Leavitt is doing?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Any clues to what Leavitt is doing?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:His twitter hiatus is over after four days. Glean what you will:
TT vacancy was filled.... time to mend fences?
Why would he have to mend fences? I doubt anyone is mad that he wants to be a hc again.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
Why would he have to mend fences? I doubt anyone is mad that he wants to be a hc again.
Answer would seem obvious, I know in the coaching world it is quite to carousel but it does do damage when a coach interviewes for another job. You announce to the team, co workers, recruits and administrators that you are looking for greener pastures......... there will be a need for damage control.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
Answer would seem obvious, I know in the coaching world it is quite to carousel but it does do damage when a coach interviewes for another job. You announce to the team, co workers, recruits and administrators that you are looking for greener pastures......... there will be a need for damage control.
I, for some reason, doubt that. The kids aren’t stupid. Isn’t him being pursued by other schools an indication of his successes as a coach? Don’t most kids want to play under good coaches? I’m sure there is an initial emotional reaction to the news that he is being pursued and exploring those opportunities but everyone understands it’s a business.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I completely agree with job hunting being very common practice, I still feel and know from experience in the work place when someone in the work place interviews for another job and returns it changes others thoughts. But it's part of the nature of coaching at most levels.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Alan wrote:I completely agree with job hunting being very common practice, I still feel and know from experience in the work place when someone in the work place interviews for another job and returns it changes others thoughts. But it's part of the nature of coaching at most levels.
I have worked at the same place for 33 years and counting. I have interviewed a couple of times
elsewhere. No body at work knew a thing about it. With coaching its way to public and in the spotlight.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:
Alan wrote:I completely agree with job hunting being very common practice, I still feel and know from experience in the work place when someone in the work place interviews for another job and returns it changes others thoughts. But it's part of the nature of coaching at most levels.
I have worked at the same place for 33 years and counting. I have interviewed a couple of times
elsewhere. No body at work knew a thing about it. With coaching its way to public and in the spotlight.
I have done the same, when I interviewed no one knew....damage control.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Merganzer wrote:Hmm, okay?
Akili is one of those guys who I point to when I say that former players don't know any better than a well-informed outsider.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'm on the side of no "fence mending" needed. Among the other assistant coaches they were probably rooting for him like crazy. First, it's what they all work for themselves, climbing the coaching tree. Second, his success would have brought opportunity for themselves.

Most of the players understand working for the big pay-day, as they hope for it themselves, and most are much closer personally to their position coaches than to Coach Pepsi.

Fans, who gives a crap, they'll jump back on the band wagon on the first 3 and out.

With recruits, he is an after thought in the way Oregon recruits.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I'm on the side of no "fence mending" needed. Among the other assistant coaches they were probably rooting for him like crazy. First, it's what they all work for themselves, climbing the coaching tree. Second, his success would have brought opportunity for themselves.

Most of the players understand working for the big pay-day, as they hope for it themselves, and most are much closer personally to their position coaches than to Coach Pepsi.

Fans, who gives a crap, they'll jump back on the band wagon on the first 3 and out.

With recruits, he is an after thought in the way Oregon recruits.
spot on
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I think it effects recruits especially, but we can agree to disagree, it happens all the time and teams go on. It's a non issue.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Update on the Colorado coaching front. Seems the rumors of Leavitt burning some bridges when he left Boulder for Eugene are being confirmed. He's in the mix but it seems he running a distant 2nd (likely even 3rd if Vandy HC Mason got an interview.)

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-co ... all-coach/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

According to sources at 247 Sports, Kansas State HC Bill Snyder may retire within the next week. While Leavitt may covet the job and Clemson DC Brent Venables is their dream pick, it seems the actual top contenders are North Texas HC Seth Littrell and NDSU HC Chris Klieman (with whom KSU's AD worked with at NDSU.) Other names being thrown around are Bret Bielema and Dana Dimel.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report-bi ... sas-state/
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

How has nobody gone after Craig Bohl at Wyoming?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck24 wrote:How has nobody gone after Craig Bohl at Wyoming?
Because he's 28-35 at Wyoming. And 60 yrs old.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Colorado is going with Georgia DC Mel Tucker. We now just have to wait on Kansas State.