Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Any clues to what Leavitt is doing?

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Kansas State's job will be opening today:
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

And Seth Latrell is their #1 choice and by all accounts at this moment will accept the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Sounds like Leavitt's on the road recruiting, so that may be a good sign.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Think the bottom line might be that Jim needs to have a top flight defensive season at Oregon before he gets a HC job.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like KSU will wrap up their search today and makes offers within the next 24 hours. The top 3 candidates are supposedly NDSU HC Chris Klieman, Troy HC Neal Brown, and Memphis HC Mike Norvell.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Leavitt is staying another year after KSU hired Chris Klieman to be their new HC. If Leavitt wants a HC job, it's likely only going to come from a Group of 5 team.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

A rumor flying around that Leavitt might be out soon. No details yet so I guess we'll wait and see if anything comes from it.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

going to get fired?
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

neezy3 wrote:A rumor flying around that Leavitt might be out soon. No details yet so I guess we'll wait and see if anything comes from it.

I can't imagine any scenario where that is a good thing. Best case, Leavitt has gotten lazy and Cristobal has no choice--and Leavitt is still owed millions. Worst case, Leavitt a good coach but has lost an internal power struggle and gets replaced by a worse coach--and is still owed millions.

Hope this one is just a rumor. Would really like to see how a Leavitt defense looks when there aren't multiple walk-on linebackers forced into the rotation.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

wepto wrote:
neezy3 wrote:A rumor flying around that Leavitt might be out soon. No details yet so I guess we'll wait and see if anything comes from it.

I can't imagine any scenario where that is a good thing. Best case, Leavitt has gotten lazy and Cristobal has no choice--and Leavitt is still owed millions. Worst case, Leavitt a good coach but has lost an internal power struggle and gets replaced by a worse coach--and is still owed millions.

Hope this one is just a rumor. Would really like to see how a Leavitt defense looks when there aren't multiple walk-on linebackers forced into the rotation.
Yeah, this could have totally been Leavitt’s year to prove something. With Mario getting the HC position, could see him ‘sucking up’ the $1.7M for the year, anticipating a HC opening. His current situation is clearly not where he really wants to be, and that is understandable. But man has got to know his limitations.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lmduck wrote:And Seth Latrell is their #1 choice and by all accounts at this moment will accept the job.

Wrong accounts apparently...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I wonder how rumors get started? Time will tell, I can't see the Ducks firing Leavitt at this point and I don't see him walking away from his contract. I do wonder if there is some sort of internal riff, those are hard to get past. I will say I was wrong, seems like Leavitt's incident with one of his players is going to stick with him......... he may be pigeon holed.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’ll believe it when I see it. I imagine he’ll be our DC for the 2019 season.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

No way is he going to be fired. He may walk away but there is no way he gets fired. It would be a colossal waste of money and a would be about the dumbest "shoot yourself in the foot" move we could pull right now.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!