Jacob Capra Transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jimmy12
Senior

Re: Jacob Capra Transferring

Post by jimmy12 »

AshlandDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:But what was said was that Capra opted out and the staff just didn't try to change his mind. That's how I read it, at least.
That is definitely different than pushing him out. Still, just for depth purposes alone I think I'd try to keep him if I thought he was starter quality. At the same time, maybe Capra was also dead set on leaving. The graduate transfer rule allows for many academically-minded players to explore better grad school possibilities and that makes a lot of sense to take advantage if you can.
I.e Warmack
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like both him and his brother ended up at San Diego State.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like both him and his brother ended up at San Diego State.
Not exactly the bastion of education some expected
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Sometimes its not about education...and gasp... maybe they don't care lol. Besides, unless its an Ivy League school.. people dont care where you went to school... just that you have your degree.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

justducky0 wrote:Sometimes its not about education...and gasp... maybe they don't care lol. Besides, unless its an Ivy League school.. people dont care where you went to school... just that you have your degree.
Really depends on the field and how experienced someone is. For lots of careers getting that first job is a very different ballgame coming from a strong non-Ivy than from the fourth-ranked public school in the state or whatever.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

justducky0 wrote:Sometimes its not about education...and gasp... maybe they don't care lol. Besides, unless its an Ivy League school.. people dont care where you went to school... just that you have your degree.
Until recently, I worked at a major consulting firm in Manhattan. There were only 3 or 4 people on my floor who went to a public university. That wasn’t by accident.