Jacob Capra Transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Jacob Capra Transferring

Post by Duck24 »

Bet $1 his brother is the decommit JHop has been alluding to.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Jacob Capra Transferring

Post by StevensTechU »

He started turning into a better player than I was expecting, so this isn't ideal. I wonder where he intends to go. I'll toss my guess out at going the Jalen Brown route and picking a top-flight academic institution.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

This just a playing time thing? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Well he's behind Warmack, and he's still a junior, so he probably wouldn't be starting next year.

And like StevensTechU said, he's looked good when he's in. He should be able to start somewhere else.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Aaaannnnddddd in the least surprising news pretty much ever, his brother decommitted:
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Sounds like the coaching staff helped him decide to transfer... which means they feel very confident
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

justducky0 wrote:Sounds like the coaching staff helped him decide to transfer... which means they feel very confident
Care to expand on what you've heard?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

StevensTechU wrote:
justducky0 wrote:Sounds like the coaching staff helped him decide to transfer... which means they feel very confident
Care to expand on what you've heard?
JHop reporting that Jacob Capra wasn’t dissuaded from transferring and may have departed at the coaches behest. Feeling was he had already fallen behind and with Jonah and the big mofo JC guy coming in, he would fall even further down the depth chart. Also doesn’t hurt that he doesn’t think any of the starting OL are headed to the NFL.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i will always fondly remember capra for helping to open that huge hole verdell was able to sprint through to beat washington in overtime.

unless i'm thinking of the wrong player, in which case i likely won't remember capra at all.
ImageImageImageImageImage
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

oregontrack wrote:i will always fondly remember capra for helping to open that huge hole verdell was able to sprint through to beat washington in overtime.

unless i'm thinking of the wrong player, in which case i likely won't remember capra at all.
You are correct - he opened that right up after Dallas had gone down. I did turf angels on the field right after that.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Didn't Mario say the staff does an individual evaluation with each player after the season so they know where they stand? Maybe every team does so but it seems MC has made a point of that more than once.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

It all seems odd if Cristobal pushed him out. From spring up through fall camp he always talked about Capra as being starter level, and upon injury he played as a starter. Seems an about face to me.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

AshlandDuck wrote:It all seems odd if Cristobal pushed him out. From spring up through fall camp he always talked about Capra as being starter level, and upon injury he played as a starter. Seems an about face to me.
Maybe it says something about the quality of the guys who redshirted last year?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

AshlandDuck wrote:It all seems odd if Cristobal pushed him out. From spring up through fall camp he always talked about Capra as being starter level, and upon injury he played as a starter. Seems an about face to me.
Yea, wouldn't make sense. There are a lot of guys behind Capra at the guard spots that would make much more sense to push out. But what was said was that Capra opted out and the staff just didn't try to change his mind. That's how I read it, at least.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:But what was said was that Capra opted out and the staff just didn't try to change his mind. That's how I read it, at least.
That is definitely different than pushing him out. Still, just for depth purposes alone I think I'd try to keep him if I thought he was starter quality. At the same time, maybe Capra was also dead set on leaving. The graduate transfer rule allows for many academically-minded players to explore better grad school possibilities and that makes a lot of sense to take advantage if you can.