Report: Dennison and Field headed back to Louisville

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Report: Dennison and Field headed back to Louisville

Post by Everythingsducky »

Where is Leavitt going to go? He ain’t getting paid what he gets at UO in the college ranks, unless he goes the SEC route. Probably not even getting that in the NFL. He may be stuck, and may be a little bitch about it, unfortunately. With the D coming back next year, why wouldn’t he stick it out? I would lean toward the fact Mario wouldn’t put up with malcontents on his staff. It may be Leavitt has less on his plate, and has less to do with recruiting, thus less tweets.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I'm hoping I wrong but another explanation for his quiet phase could be personal such as illness, family issues, or just having a bad time. We don't have enough data even for the wild guesses we are making. Does it really matter? We will find out in time or we won't, nothing we can do about it.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Quietduck wrote:I'm hoping I wrong but another explanation for his quiet phase could be personal such as illness, family issues, or just having a bad time. We don't have enough data even for the wild guesses we are making. Does it really matter? We will find out in time or we won't, nothing we can do about it.
While I totally agree with you, that’s also like 99% the point of this site. To talk about ducks related things that we don’t actually know anything about lol.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

With all of the NFL openings, he's probably seeing if anyone wants to take him on board, such as the Broncos.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Quietduck wrote:I'm hoping I wrong but another explanation for his quiet phase could be personal such as illness
Yeah...that was my initial thought as well. He has completely vanished. I hope he is okay.
He needs to stop drinking 8000 Pepsis everyday. That has to be worse for you than smoking.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Cort moving laterally a lot faster than he did as a player.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GrantDuck wrote:Cort moving laterally a lot faster than he did as a player.
:lol:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I'm so tired of Leavitt watch. He's a great DC, but he obviously doesn't want to be here.

Let Heyward and Big Joe co-DC, hire some good assistants. We need a LB coach, I'd vote for Peter Sirmon. He's Cal's highest paid assistant, but we'll have all that Leavitt cash.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I'm so tired of Leavitt watch. He's a great DC, but he obviously doesn't want to be here.

Let Heyward and Big Joe co-DC, hire some good assistants. We need a LB coach, I'd vote for Peter Sirmon. He's Cal's highest paid assistant, but we'll have all that Leavitt cash.
I really dislike that so many people think Leavitt is gone. I know its been reported on TOS but its all so vague.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I'm really encouraged by the way our recruits reacted to Dennison leaving. Disappointed sure, but wished him well and still happy to be Ducks. Really shows that MC is selling the program, and we aren't relying on the individual relationships asst coaches have with recruits who may want to follow their position coach around.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think Leavitt is looking at his options. It makes sense for him to tone down his social media while that's going on.

I'd much rather have that than the Slick Willie moves of pretending you're all in on social media.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just going off of Cristobal's recent follows, the one that sticks out was Middle Tennessee State DL coach Dustin Royston. Didn't know it at first but after reading his bio, his worked with Alabama's OLBs from 2015-16 in an off-field role before becoming MTSU's DL coach.

https://goblueraiders.com/staff.aspx?staff=228
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

It is official.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Cort Dennison and Stephen Field, former members of the University of Louisville football staff, are returning to the Cardinals for new head coach Scott Satterfield.

Dennison will serve as the co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach, while Field has been tabbed the director of recruiting in a move that was announced Friday.

https://gocards.com/news/2019/1/4/footb ... staff.aspx
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrantDuck wrote:I think Leavitt is looking at his options. It makes sense for him to tone down his social media while that's going on.

I'd much rather have that than the Slick Willie moves of pretending you're all in on social media.
The problem is, I don't think he has much options at this point.