Early Signees: Who Plays?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckenstein
Freshman

Early Signees: Who Plays?

Post by Duckenstein »

I was watching vids from the early Signees and there are some good ones

This team needs immediate help at several positions. Who do you think is able to come in and help right away, alla Holland this year?

I think they'll let 10-12 play and redshirt the rest

Pittman
Waters
Dollars
Herbert

KT
Poti
KHW
Eaford
Mathis
Bridges
Wright
+ Another DB or two they sign in February
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Early Signees: Who Plays?

Post by StevensTechU »

Thibs, Mathis, Wright, Pittman, Wilhoite, Aumavae-Laulu, Funa, Ware-Hudson, Lewis. Roughly in that order.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:Thibs, Mathis, Wright, Pittman, Wilhoite, Aumavae-Laulu, Funa, Ware-Hudson, Lewis. Roughly in that order.
I forget Lewis, good call

I think Funa and aumavae laula redshirt

Funa is coming off an ACL, and aumavae will have more opportunity in 2020 with all the seniors leaving after this year
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I dont think he redshirts with Warmack being hurt so much
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Are you predicting who plays more than 4 games? With the new rule, several freshmen will play in 4 games or less but still redshirt.

Only one I am confident will play more than 4 if he stays healthy is #8, because they probably consider him 3 and done so you play him as much as you can while you have him. There will be several other 5 game players. I just suck at guessing them. I had Holland as my sure thing last year but I thought Stevens our 2nd highest rated recruit would play more and the only play I remember him from was getting toasted for a TD in one of the cupcake games at the beginning of the year.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Are you predicting who plays more than 4 games? With the new rule, several freshmen will play in 4 games or less but still redshirt.

Only one I am confident will play more than 4 if he stays healthy is #8, because they probably consider him 3 and done so you play him as much as you can while you have him. There will be several other 5 game players. I just suck at guessing them. I had Holland as my sure thing last year but I thought Stevens our 2nd highest rated recruit would play more and the only play I remember him from was getting toasted for a TD in one of the cupcake games at the beginning of the year.
More than 4

I figure at least half the class plays they need guys to step up
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I always love seeing which new guys surprise us out of nowhere. It seems there are at least two every year.

If you asked me which DB would be the instant difference maker I would have guessed Steve Stephens, or maybe VMIII because we needed CB help. But Jevon Holland just came out and led the conference in interceptions. With how deep our OL was I was expecting Sewell to compete for playing time at guard, not be a freshman All-American at LT of all positions. I also didn't think Steven Jones would see the field, and there he was starting at LT.

Did any of us think Travis Dye would be rushing for 200 yards in a game?

Last year, it was Austin Faoliu and Jordon Scott coming in as instant impact starters.

I think Pittman, Wright, and Thibs are the obvious ones based on our need and their talent. But like every year I expect us to be surprised by a few guys.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I think the ones who enroll early also figure into this. For winter term, I understand it's

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu (OL)
Josh Delgado (WR)
GeMon Eaford (LB)
Dru Mathis (ILB)
Cale Millen (QB)
Kayvon Thibodeaux (DE)

While enrolling early is certainly no guarantee that the student-athlete will play, it can only help. I hope we get more EEs for spring.

I think we all figure KT will have immediate and significant impact. I wouldn't necessarily predict that any of the other EEs I've listed play more than four games (especially (at this point) Millen), but I wouldn't be that surprised either (except Millen).

(And I got to add all but three of those first and last names to my Google dictionary!)
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Cale is probably at least 3 seasons from playing, but glad to see he's jumping in early
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Given Oregon's luck at QB, I think Millen could be the wild card in this bunch.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Hoagduck wrote:Cale is probably at least 3 seasons from playing, but glad to see he's jumping in early
Maybe, but he'll have a real shot during the QB competition next offseason.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Tray Dub wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Cale is probably at least 3 seasons from playing, but glad to see he's jumping in early

Should be a good competition. Although all those Clemson tweets really put a damper on my DJ Uiagalelei to Oregon dreams.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:

Should be a good competition. Although all those Clemson tweets really put a damper on my DJ Uiagalelei to Oregon dreams.
He’s coming, just like KT.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Really hoping video gets posted from when KT battles Sewell in pass rush drills.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

woundedknees wrote:Given Oregon's luck at QB, I think Millen could be the wild card in this bunch.
I feel good about Cale since he's a 3*, we've had good luck with those.