Pac12/Larry Scott

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Pac12/Larry Scott

Post by neezy3 »

Didn't see this posted anywhere but doesn't paint a pretty picture for the Pac and our future... How does this guy still have a job!

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... tners.html
https://pitchbook.com/news/articles/the ... ate-equity
Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Pac12/Larry Scott

Post by Duckenstein »

neezy3 wrote:Didn't see this posted anywhere but doesn't paint a pretty picture for the Pac and our future... How does this guy still have a job!

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... tners.html
https://pitchbook.com/news/articles/the ... ate-equity
He's got the p12 presidents convinced that there will be a big payday is 2024 and the lost decade of p12 sports will be worth it

Typical technocrat drivel
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

What's really odd is the blind Faith the OSU president has and how much influence he has over the others.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Lol “amateur sports” mixed with venture capitalist investments. Genius idea. I’m sure those investors will sit idly by while large market/potential massive money making teams USC, UCLA and UW suck and won’t influence things anymore than Larry Scott and his cronies already do.

The sooner the Pac-12 presidents pull their heads out of their asses, the better. Each passing year, the Pac-12 fades further into irrelevancy. I’m sure networks will be chomping at the bit to pay top dollar for media rights to a conference that hasn’t won a BCS game for three years and will be putting one team into the tourney this year after that abortion of a March Madness for the conference last year.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Duck24 wrote:Lol “amateur sports” mixed with venture capitalist investments. Genius idea. I’m sure those investors will sit idly by while large market/potential massive money making teams USC, UCLA and UW suck and won’t influence things anymore than Larry Scott and his cronies already do.

The sooner the Pac-12 presidents pull their heads out of their asses, the better. Each passing year, the Pac-12 fades further into irrelevancy. I’m sure networks will be chomping at the bit to pay top dollar for media rights to a conference that hasn’t won a BCS game for three years and will be putting one team into the tourney this year after that abortion of a March Madness for the conference last year.
They still think it's 2007

Incompetence and malevolence, what a combo
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

When our football team took a dive with Helfrich, the whole conference went straight to the bottom.
The P12 needs Oregon to be great. Unfortunately teams like Stanford never got the memo and did all they could to prevent us from championship appearances :x
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

shoparound wrote:When our football team took a dive with Helfrich, the whole conference went straight to the bottom.
The P12 needs Oregon to be great. Unfortunately teams like Stanford never got the memo and did all they could to prevent us from championship appearances :x
It needs USC as well since it seems nobody outside of the West Coast seems to pay much heed if they're sucking.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

Question: HOW IN THE WORLD DID THAT CONFIDENTIAL PROPOSAL BECOME PUBLIC!!!?...

Unravel this thread and you will learn everything. (It might very well lead to an epic blue-chip sports scoop)

Also seek to understand how potential investors might earn a return on their investment - - especially in the current private equity marketplace.

With Scott’s proposal now public, competitive markets will react (all done privately and behind the scene) and all revenue assumptions will no longer apply.

Although the proposal was novel, on so many levels, it is no longer be viable.

Always remember...loose lips sink ships. There are simply too many disparate and competing agendas in the PAC.