Braxton Burmeister to Transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Braxton Burmeister to Transfer

Post by Duckenstein »

lmduck wrote:What? Cody Shear is taking a medical retirement or transferring? Bryson Young as well? Sorry have not seen this info anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, that's just speculation

But they have to process 5-6 guys to finish the 2019 class
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duckenstein wrote:
lmduck wrote:What? Cody Shear is taking a medical retirement or transferring? Bryson Young as well? Sorry have not seen this info anywhere.

This isn’t Bama. Nobody is getting processed. There will be guys that leave, but they aren’t getting pushed out the door. That doesn’t mean the coaches won’t be honest with them about future playing time if asked, but they won’t push a guy out. That’s contradictory to the family type environment they’re trying to establish.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

droop10 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

This isn’t Bama. Nobody is getting processed. There will be guys that leave, but they aren’t getting pushed out the door. That doesn’t mean the coaches won’t be honest with them about future playing time if asked, but they won’t push a guy out. That’s contradictory to the family type environment they’re trying to establish.
Ok
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

droop10 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

Just wondering why you think guys are not getting processed? Is that just your feeling because you feel that Oregon "wouldnt do that" the coaches are "too nice" or are "men of oregon" lolol ok Bob.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

droop10 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

Just wondering why you think guys are not getting processed? Is that just your feeling because you feel that Oregon "wouldnt do that" the coaches are "too nice" or are "men of oregon" lolol ok Bob.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

justducky0 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

It would be completely contradictory to sell families on the fact that their kids will be taken care of, and there's this great family environment, then go ahead and essentially boot them off the team when they aren't performing well. Like I said above, kids will certainly be given honest assessments of where they are on the depth chart and that may affect their decision making, but I don't see them forcing people out to make more room in the class.

Ultimately, this is a useless argument, because the first time a kid medically retires or there's a transfer, the word will be that he was "processed" whether that's true or not. Maybe we're just splitting hairs here on what it means to be "processed," but I think it requires bogus medical retirements, and essentially kicking a kid out the door when they aren't performing up to par.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Aren't scholarships in the Pac-12 guaranteed for a full four years? They can give a kid an honest evaluation of his prospects to see the field but they can't kick him out the door.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

maxduck wrote:Aren't scholarships in the Pac-12 guaranteed for a full four years? They can give a kid an honest evaluation of his prospects to see the field but they can't kick him out the door.
They are indeed. As part of the evaluation, coaches will likely tell the player where they stand on the depth chart and options they have for getting more PT, whether they be to keep working hard or to potentially transfer.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

droop10 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

It would be completely contradictory to sell families on the fact that their kids will be taken care of, and there's this great family environment, then go ahead and essentially boot them off the team when they aren't performing well. Like I said above, kids will certainly be given honest assessments of where they are on the depth chart and that may affect their decision making, but I don't see them forcing people out to make more room in the class.

Ultimately, this is a useless argument, because the first time a kid medically retires or there's a transfer, the word will be that he was "processed" whether that's true or not. Maybe we're just splitting hairs here on what it means to be "processed," but I think it requires bogus medical retirements, and essentially kicking a kid out the door when they aren't performing up to par.
It's a business. MC is running it as such.

Capra was the first. Most kids will transfer, but some may choose to medically retire. They will all continue to receive a scholarship.

Currently they are at 85, the max. They will take 5 or so more, which means we'll see 5 more transfers.

Call it whatever you want
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

maxduck wrote:Aren't scholarships in the Pac-12 guaranteed for a full four years? They can give a kid an honest evaluation of his prospects to see the field but they can't kick him out the door.
Nobody gets kicked out the door, everyone stays on scholarship
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I don't think anyone is being processed or told to medically retire. CMC is just being honest with guys, letting them know they are being passed on the depth chart. You can stay, try and get better, or the coaches can help you find a suitable landing spot with possible playing time available.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

buckmarkduck wrote:I don't think anyone is being processed or told to medically retire. CMC is just being honest with guys, letting them know they are being passed on the depth chart. You can stay, try and get better, or the coaches can help you find a suitable landing spot with possible playing time available.
If that is correct than they or done for the 2019 class
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

After reading Moseley's review of the OL, Shear might medically retire because he should medically retire....
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:After reading Moseley's review of the OL, Shear might medically retire because he should medically retire....
It would be very convenient if the same names transfer or retire

Call it whatever you want, this happens at every major school now

Capra, shear poutasi, 3 or 4 other names