Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: WR Coach Michael Johnson leaving?

Post by maxduck »

woundedknees wrote:
Phenom wrote:Darrin Chiaverini would be an amazing replacement:
Guess we'll see how far this statement goes:

"I'm excited to be a Buff," he said. "I'm a Buff for life and obviously getting a chance to be retained and be on coach Tucker's staff, I'm really excited. I'm excited to work with coach Johnson.

"It's a different role, but I'm a football coach and I can adjust to anything. I'm excited to be here and help those guys."

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... chiaverini
Is Chiaverini an actual candidate or just a wish list guy? He is a Colorado alum with a base salary of $500,000, the only non-coordinator at Oregon above that is Big Joe.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

maxduck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
Phenom wrote:Darrin Chiaverini would be an amazing replacement:
Guess we'll see how far this statement goes:

"I'm excited to be a Buff," he said. "I'm a Buff for life and obviously getting a chance to be retained and be on coach Tucker's staff, I'm really excited. I'm excited to work with coach Johnson.

"It's a different role, but I'm a football coach and I can adjust to anything. I'm excited to be here and help those guys."

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... chiaverini
Is Chiaverini an actual candidate or just a wish list guy? He is a Colorado alum with a base salary of $500,000, the only non-coordinator at Oregon above that is Big Joe.
Following twitter it seems like we are after Nevada WR coach Eric Scott and OU WR coach Simmons.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
maxduck wrote:Always interesting to see the spin for a new hire. From the Mississippi State 247 site the guy sounds amazing.

This past season Johnson helped coach-up a passing game in which no less than eleven Ducks caught a touchdown pass. Most were snagged by Memphis native Dillon Mitchell with ten touchdowns of his 75 receptions and 1,184 yards. Oregon had more first downs via passing than rushing in ’18, by a 140-118 margin, and 29 passing touchdowns.

https://247sports.com/college/mississip ... 128165698/

And from the comment section :lol:

Got his work cut out for him with the group of receivers we have. Hopefully, he can teach them how to catch.
Ha interesting! Dude can recruit, so they'll get a bonus there. But other than maybe the Jaison Williams days, this group may have had the most drops I've seen in a season since I've been watching Oregon football.

On a side note, at least their fan base has high respect for Oregon:
I think the Women BB's exposure and success is changing the perception of Mississippi State for recruiting nationwide. To have someone from Oregon to come to Starkvegas with their family tells you something in this day and time.

Who was he the main recruiter for? Last year he whiffed, and this year I know for a fact Ford didn't like him.
Really? Please tell more!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Following twitter it seems like we are after Nevada WR coach Eric Scott and OU WR coach Simmons.
Thanks, interesting they both have Air Raid backgrounds. With his experience I imagine Scott could be very effective recruiting the LA area.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Didn’t OU just get 3 of the top 4 wr this class ? I doubt their coach would want to leave that offense with the past two heismans and all that talent for us.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Didn’t OU just get 3 of the top 4 wr this class ? I doubt their coach would want to leave that offense with the past two heismans and all that talent for us.
I'm pretty sure he only coaches outside receivers. At UO he would handle all the WR duties.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Didn’t OU just get 3 of the top 4 wr this class ? I doubt their coach would want to leave that offense with the past two heismans and all that talent for us.
I'm pretty sure he only coaches outside receivers. At UO he would handle all the WR duties.
Agreed, but I just don't see him leaving. Spurrier Jr is also not realistic. That's just my opinion though.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I haven't seen anyone with credibility say Spurrier Jr though. Jhop said our top choice was the WR coach from Stanford, unfortunately Notre Dame signed him today before we could get him in for an interview.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:I haven't seen anyone with credibility say Spurrier Jr though. Jhop said our top choice was the WR coach from Stanford, unfortunately Notre Dame signed him today before we could get him in for an interview.
You talking about Lance Taylor? He may have been at Stanford before but he's been with the Carolina Panthers the past couple years as their WR coach.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:I haven't seen anyone with credibility say Spurrier Jr though. Jhop said our top choice was the WR coach from Stanford, unfortunately Notre Dame signed him today before we could get him in for an interview.
He never said he was our top choice, just a guy we really liked.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:
He never said he was our top choice, just a guy we really liked.
Plus he's at Wazzu, our favorite place to get new coaches.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
maxduck wrote:Always interesting to see the spin for a new hire. From the Mississippi State 247 site the guy sounds amazing.

This past season Johnson helped coach-up a passing game in which no less than eleven Ducks caught a touchdown pass. Most were snagged by Memphis native Dillon Mitchell with ten touchdowns of his 75 receptions and 1,184 yards. Oregon had more first downs via passing than rushing in ’18, by a 140-118 margin, and 29 passing touchdowns.

Got his work cut out for him with the group of receivers we have. Hopefully, he can teach them how to catch.
Ha interesting! Dude can recruit, so they'll get a bonus there. But other than maybe the Jaison Williams days, this group may have had the most drops I've seen in a season since I've been watching Oregon football.

I think the Women BB's exposure and success is changing the perception of Mississippi State for recruiting nationwide. To have someone from Oregon to come to Starkvegas with their family tells you something in this day and time.

Who was he the main recruiter for? Last year he whiffed, and this year I know for a fact Ford didn't like him.
https://247sports.com/Coach/Michael-Johnson-3940/

Shows who he got this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

jimmy12 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Really? Please tell more!
Hey BuckMark, please give us more details here!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I was told months ago that Ford loves UO, but didn't like Johnson much. Hopefully whoever we hire Ford likes.
jimmy12
Senior

Short list on coaches. Has anyone seen one?

Post by jimmy12 »

I havent seen or heard much