DAT arrested

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: DAT arrested

Post by brich75 »

Alan wrote:Currently rec weed is legal in 10 states, med weed is legal in 33 states. As more states see the benefits of the tax revenue it will sweep the country...... weed Is here. While I don't smoke now, I have in my youth, I have no problem with it and believe it has great benefits on the medical level. I do think it does impare ones ability to drive so should be treated accordingly, although the "high" off weed only last for a couple of hours, unlike alcohol. But the fact is DAT had it in a state where it was illegal, his mistake.
Agree
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

AutzenMember wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:It was Darron Thomas. Cliff was more into armed robbery.

But I was just having fun. Chill.
If memory serves, Darron Thomas was riding in the car while Cliff was driving. Darron denied partaking (just needed the ride back from Portland), while Cliff readily admitted that "we smoked it all".

Here's the story that ran on espn:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ijuana-car
Ahh, thanks for the correction.

I've told this story on this board before, but Cliff and a second guy broke into a friend's apartment and robbed them at gunpoint while I was in school. Not a good dude.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

StevensTechU wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:It was Darron Thomas. Cliff was more into armed robbery.

If memory serves, Darron Thomas was riding in the car while Cliff was driving. Darron denied partaking (just needed the ride back from Portland), while Cliff readily admitted that "we smoked it all".

Here's the story that ran on espn:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ijuana-car
Ahh, thanks for the correction.

I've told this story on this board before, but Cliff and a second guy broke into a friend's apartment and robbed them at gunpoint while I was in school. Not a good dude.

Don't remember this story, explains a lot about his choices post Oregon.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm quite talented at articulating thoughts while simultaneously being chill.

(Especially living in OR, where marijuana is legal!) ;)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

But if he was all jacked up on prescription opiates, this wouldn’t be an issue.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I think that in the next 5-10 years the Feds are going to strike the weed laws and make it a state option. With that said, you have to respect the laws of the state you are in. Which is why I only smoke in Colorado 8-)
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Bud Lee wrote:I think that in the next 5-10 years the Feds are going to strike the weed laws and make it a state option. With that said, you have to respect the laws of the state you are in. Which is why I only smoke in Colorado 8-)
Well you should add California where you can get it delivered to your door with a post toke pizza for the inevitable munchies. Once it moves from an all cash industry you can bet Uber and Lyft will be delivering along with their UberEats. Oh what glorious times we live in.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Bud Lee wrote:I think that in the next 5-10 years the Feds are going to strike the weed laws and make it a state option. With that said, you have to respect the laws of the state you are in. Which is why I only smoke in Colorado 8-)
I always assumed you lived in LA because of your LSU ties, now I'm curious..... do you?

I read an interesting thing about the problem legalized rec weed is causing. Speaking only for Oregon because it's the only state I have done any research in since rec weed became legal. To be a legal, licensed grower, which is the only suppliers shops can buy from, you must have a percentage of your crop tested at a specialized lab. They not only test for THC and CBD levels they test chemical levels such as pesticides and fertilizer levels, this results in a "higher" quality product to the consumer. When rec weed became legal the big surprise for me was the price of legal weed was/is cheaper then the street price of weed when I was buying for use as a young man. Now the problem it is causing, some people are buying quantities of weed and "smuggling" it to states that have not legalized it yet and reaping the financial rewards. So in a nut shell the states who have legalized weed are reaping the tax benefits to have it smuggled to the states where it is illegal and those states are spending more tax dollars to fight the new flow of illegal weed coming in from states like mine......... comes down to "if you can't beat them".

Plus it was very hard to type this and not use your name in a pun....... lol.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Alan wrote:
I always assumed you lived in LA because of your LSU ties, now I'm curious..... do you?

I read an interesting thing about the problem legalized rec weed is causing. Speaking only for Oregon because it's the only state I have done any research in since rec weed became legal. To be a legal, licensed grower, which is the only suppliers shops can buy from, you must have a percentage of your crop tested at a specialized lab. They not only test for THC and CBD levels they test chemical levels such as pesticides and fertilizer levels, this results in a "higher" quality product to the consumer. When rec weed became legal the big surprise for me was the price of legal weed was/is cheaper then the street price of weed when I was buying for use as a young man. Now the problem it is causing, some people are buying quantities of weed and "smuggling" it to states that have not legalized it yet and reaping the financial rewards. So in a nut shell the states who have legalized weed are reaping the tax benefits to have it smuggled to the states where it is illegal and those states are spending more tax dollars to fight the new flow of illegal weed coming in from states like mine......... comes down to "if you can't beat them".

Plus it was very hard to type this and not use your name in a pun....... lol.
Wouldn't you have to "smuggle" a considerable amount of product to make any kind of significant profit in that model? Wouldn't the closest state to Oregon that doesn't have it legal be Idaho and Nevada? While the model works it just doesn't look like it's worth it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If anybody is buying crappy buds in one state and then trying to re-sell that in another they have got to be some of the dumbest drug dealers out there. You'd be better off just illegally growing for the money/effort you'd be spending.

The prices have only gone done on the crappiest bud, lots of 24% and under schwag that you can get for really cheap. If you want the good herb, it still costs and there are still plenty of "black market" growers out there in legal states.

If the Volstead Act required Congress to get a Constitutional Amendment to first prohibit the manufacture, distribution and sales of alcohol, how does the 10th Amendment's Commerce Clause apply to the Controlled Substances Act but not for the Volstead Act? How would including the word "use" in the CSA make it so that the CSA has even greater control over the people but less scrutiny under the law? I believe the CSA is an Unconstitutional Official Act and that there are no valid Federal drug laws but there are valid State drug laws.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

DAT smokes some tree? Next thing you know we will find out bears crap in the woods. What I want to hear is the story of Ca$h Harris robbing a dude at gunpoint and how the hell it got squashed and not back to Chippah. That was back in the day when if a Duck FB player jaywalked it was front page news...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Wouldn't you have to "smuggle" a considerable amount of product to make any kind of significant profit in that model? Wouldn't the closest state to Oregon that doesn't have it legal be Idaho and Nevada? While the model works it just doesn't look like it's worth it.
To answer your question about quantity, yes if they were smart they would buy several pounds, which can be done by a couple of guys in a day in Spokane, Washington, very east side of Washington. Shops have daily buying limits but it is not a small quantity per day. A stop at several shops and two guys can have a substantial amount, a cheap motel and the double it. No risk to them dealing with a illegal buyer and the are buying legal at close to wholesale street. Then a short drive to a illegal state, I believe both Montana and Idaho are still illegal. They have their stable of buyers and a never ending supply from the legal shops. Plus it's all good, safe, quality bud. Now! Don't judge me this was all from a statesman journal article I read. I have studied this a bit and again I don't smoke now, growing your own from clone to cured product is almost a year with a bunch of hazards on the way.

God I sound like a drug dealer! It's all public knowledge on the interweb! Lol
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

bdkipe wrote:DAT smokes some tree? Next thing you know we will find out bears crap in the woods. What I want to hear is the story of Ca$h Harris robbing a dude at gunpoint and how the hell it got squashed and not back to Chippah. That was back in the day when if a Duck FB player jaywalked it was front page news...
The guy they robbed (my buddy's roommate), who is now a top notch salesperson in the PDX area, was a dealer back in college. Calling the cops would have put them both in jail.

And I don't recall an era of FB players never making mistakes ever happening. I've seen fights and all kinds of other stuff by former players that were never a thing, and I have to imagine that's still the case. Perhaps the most unbelievable story I have first-hand experience with is a time when Colt Lyerla probably should have kicked the bejesus out of somebody but had incredible restraint.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
To answer your question about quantity, yes if they were smart they would buy several pounds, which can be done by a couple of guys in a day in Spokane, Washington, very east side of Washington. Shops have daily buying limits but it is not a small quantity per day. A stop at several shops and two guys can have a substantial amount, a cheap motel and the double it. No risk to them dealing with a illegal buyer and the are buying legal at close to wholesale street. Then a short drive to a illegal state, I believe both Montana and Idaho are still illegal. They have their stable of buyers and a never ending supply from the legal shops. Plus it's all good, safe, quality bud. Now! Don't judge me this was all from a statesman journal article I read. I have studied this a bit and again I don't smoke now, growing your own from clone to cured product is almost a year with a bunch of hazards on the way.

The finances of this don't make sense, at all, relative to the risk and the pay-off. Further, in a year you should be getting 3-4 solid crops depending on how you rotate, not 1.

If you're buying an ounce of top shelf bud, you are likely paying more for it at the recreational cost than you would from a black market grower with the same level of product. You can buy 150/ounce herb but its not top shelf so you're not going to be getting much back on your margins. If you have a black market grower, you are buying that top shelf bud at the 150-200 range.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:

The finances of this don't make sense, at all, relative to the risk and the pay-off. Further, in a year you should be getting 3-4 solid crops depending on how you rotate, not 1.

If you're buying an ounce of top shelf bud, you are likely paying more for it at the recreational cost than you would from a black market grower with the same level of product. You can buy 150/ounce herb but its not top shelf so you're not going to be getting much back on your margins. If you have a black market grower, you are buying that top shelf bud at the 150-200 range.
07, this is a interesting topic and I do enjoy your post and our banter...... with that said you really need to do your homework before you pop off and try to sound knowledgeable in this area, lol. I say that light hearted. Again with this post I will repeat, I do not smoke weed, I have .... a bunch, in my early twenties in the mid 70's and have tried it a couple of times in the last 10 years. The weed of today is not the same the weed of my youth, buying three finger lids for $10 full of leaves, stems and seeds. It's not for me at 60 years old...... give me a bud light. With that said.

I do own a farm and when weed was legalized I saw a few legal grow operations spring up in my area, so I researched the commercial end of growing, including growing a couple of plants from clones to see what was involved. The first one I tossed at a couple of months into it because of disease, the second one I completed to mature buds and tossed because of mold. What a time consuming pain in the ass to produce! I never looked into wholesale value of weed but I knew the retail cost to buy was between $5 and $16 per gram. If a grower knows what they are doing and is willing to put in the ridicolus amount of time and risk of crop disease to get a plant to the flower stage, depending on the variety, about 6 months, then good for them. Included in this growth period is topping and trimming for increased colas (bud producing stems). When you begin flowering it takes a minimum of two more months for the buds to mature and the trichomes to mature on the buds. So 8 months into a plant and you still have to dry and cure the buds, another two to three months storage and "burping" you storage containers...... I will let you google that, no time to explain it. You are a minimum of 10 months into one crop..... of course a grower wants multiple, rotating crops but you still have a crop that takes almost a year to market. If a grower really knows what they are doing they MIGHT get a pound and a half off a plant....... yes I grew up farming corn, mint, hay and wheat. Growing commercially is a big boy, corporate, game, so is why Joe Montana just invested $75 million into the industry.

This post is to explain why it is easier for two stoners to drive a few hours, buy a few pounds legally and haul it home to sell to their stoner buddies, rather than grow it themselves or wonder if they can make money at it. If it is illegal and the smokers still pay street price, smugglers set street price and never run out unless they can't afford the gas to drive. Lol.