Juwan Johnson a duck!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Juwan Johnson a duck!

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Ducks just picked up juwan Johnson.

I think he could have a really big year next year. Helps a lot since we missed on puka and Ford.
greenyellow

Re: Juwan Johnson a duck!

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Much needed. Hope he delivers.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yummy, can’t hurt to have some depth.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

My Penn State alum co-worker found out about the transfer and said, ‘I hope you like drops on 3rd down’.

He went on to tell me how frustrating it was to see a player with incredible potential that shows up for the spectacular, only to muff the ‘easy’ plays.

In some ways he could be compared to Jaison Williams.

Hopefully, a change of scenery and new WR coaching can help him to maintain his focus throughout plays.

This could turn out to be a really great addition.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

ncduck wrote:My Penn State alum co-worker found out about the transfer and said, ‘I hope you like drops on 3rd down’.

He went on to tell me how frustrating it was to see a player with incredible potential that shows up for the spectacular, only to muff the ‘easy’ plays.

Hopefully, a change of scenery and new WR coaching can help him to maintain his focus throughout plays.

Drops on 3rd down.. Did you tell him about all of the drops on 1st,2nd, and 3rd we saw ?

A lot of that could just be mental and a change of scenery may help
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

ncduck wrote:My Penn State alum co-worker found out about the transfer and said, ‘I hope you like drops on 3rd down’.

But... is he worse than what we presently have? I have a tough time imagining that be possible.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:

But... is he worse than what we presently have? I have a tough time imagining that be possible.
He is tall with some weight and experience, but only 81 catches and 2 TD's in three years seems low to me, is is averaging around 14 yard per catch....... no, he cannot be any worse than what we have. I expected great things from Hines, maybe that's why I'm not over excited, we will see.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I get the criticism of this kid, but he was also injured for most of last season. In all honesty, if he can catch just a bit better, there isn't another WR like him in the confrence. People want to compare him to JWill, but this kid is far.mpre explosive and athletic. The new WR coach has his pet project, hope he works his magic.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If we had jwill last year he would have been right there with Mitchell competing for our #1 wr. IF Johnson puts it all together, he is projected as a mid round draft pick. He doesn’t have too end speed but is versatile and can play outside or in the slot and is great at blocking. Sure he’s inconsistent but would be a massive upgrade over Jonny Johnson with the potential to be an all conference level player if he puts it all together. Worst case, he’s added depth at a lacking position
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think ideal situation for pass catchers is as follows:

-Juwan Johnson leave the drops in Happy Valley and is our starting outside WR by game 1 or 2
-Mycah Pittman gets it right away and starts at outside WR
-Redd continues to grow in the slot
-Breeland and McCormick are fully healthy and provide us a downfield threat at TE too. Webb/Herbert may provide some depth in that regard too.
-One other guy emerges as a downfield speed threat, be it Addison, Davis, or one of the freshman like Waters.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We do need to keep using Breeland. Dude is low key a baller.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Sometimes starting over somewhere new can cure mental blocks like dropping the ball. Let’s hope that’s the case here
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

UOducksTK1 wrote:We do need to keep using Breeland. Dude is low key a baller.
2017 Breeland > 2018 Breeland.

He looked worse this year, after I thought he'd be on Herbz's favorite target. He's a good option, but I really hope that McCormick, and Webb/Herbert make him work for that starting role. Herbz loves when people get open in the seam, and Breeland seemed to regress in that regard.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If McCormick can come back fully healthy that would be big.