Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: Any rumors or hints for LB coach?

Post by maxduck »

Hoagduck wrote:
wepto wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Thompson sounds good to me. Multiple top 10 picks on his resume.
Why would the assistant head coach at SC come to be a position coach again here?
He's leaving anyway.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/u ... or-coaches

EDIT: And there are rumors he was fired for sleeping with a trainer.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/a ... h/efz4s16/
Consensual sex?? Well I never, pardon me while I clutch my pearls.
It is often considered tacky when your South Carolina bio reads...

A native of Riverdale, Ga., he is married to the former Mary Ann Guzy. Thompson has five children -- Allie, Christina and Lane Thompson, and Alli and Taylor Guzy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Hoagduck wrote:
wepto wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Thompson sounds good to me. Multiple top 10 picks on his resume.
Why would the assistant head coach at SC come to be a position coach again here?
He's leaving anyway.

Exactly. And it doesn't even look like Barnett parents are married. I'm not seeing what the big deal is.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Ehhh, I mean a dude stepping out on his wife and kids isn’t illegal but not exactly a strong male archetype for young men. We fired a guy for a dui.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Ehhh, I mean a dude stepping out on his wife and kids isn’t illegal but not exactly a strong male archetype for young men. We fired a guy for a dui.
I agree his behavior is a black mark against him (doesn't automatically eliminate him from consideration though, in my opinion), but pointing out we fired a coach for getting a dui is irrelevant to the discussion. A dui is not only illegal, it puts lives at risk. These two things make it a far more egregious offense than cheating.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:
wepto wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
He's leaving anyway.

Exactly. And it doesn't even look like Barnett parents are married. I'm not seeing what the big deal is.
"Hey Blake! So your mom is f***ing some of the recruiters coming around!, wow! How many?" "Hey coach Saban, ahhh coach Thomson slept with my mom....... and everyone knows". "MOM! WTF!" Nope no big deal to an organization at all.
UofDuck
Senior

Any rumors or hints for LB coach?

Post by UofDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Ehhh, I mean a dude stepping out on his wife and kids isn’t illegal but not exactly a strong male archetype for young men. We fired a guy for a dui.
I agree his behavior is a black mark against him (doesn't automatically eliminate him from consideration though, in my opinion), but pointing out we fired a coach for getting a dui is irrelevant to the discussion. A dui is not only illegal, it puts lives at risk. These two things make it a far more egregious offense than cheating.
A DUI might be illegal and jeopardize physical harm, but don’t kid yourself that infedelity can’t destroy someone’s life. Egregiousness is debatable.
Last edited by UofDuck on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gogreen55 wrote: I agree his behavior is a black mark against him (doesn't automatically eliminate him from consideration though, in my opinion), but pointing out we fired a coach for getting a dui is irrelevant to the discussion. A dui is not only illegal, it puts lives at risk. These two things make it a far more egregious offense than cheating.
Man, do I disagree with this post. Unless someone got killed with the DUI, there is no comparison in my mind in terms of lasting damage caused. Whether the act is 'illegal' or not is totally irrelevant.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

My mom cheated and left my dad 28 years ago. It has had a life altering impact on the family that will not even begin to discuss in this forum. Morally it is wrong and won't even argue that point.

On the DUI part...I know someone who is paralyzed because of a drunk driver hitting her car when she was a teenager stopped at a stop sign. I would say that has had a profound impact on her life. Anytime you get behind the wheel of a car and are drunk you are putting other people at risk, not just yourself.

I would pass on anyone that has either of those black marks. If it was my son looking at schools, I would not want him going to a school that condones that kind of behavior. The coaches are suppose to be role models. Not the kind of role model I want my kids following.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:My mom cheated and left my dad 28 years ago. It has had a life altering impact on the family that will not even begin to discuss in this forum. Morally it is wrong and won't even argue that point.

On the DUI part...I know someone who is paralyzed because of a drunk driver hitting her car when she was a teenager stopped at a stop sign. I would say that has had a profound impact on her life. Anytime you get behind the wheel of a car and are drunk you are putting other people at risk, not just yourself.

I would pass on anyone that has either of those black marks. If it was my son looking at schools, I would not want him going to a school that condones that kind of behavior. The coaches are suppose to be role models. Not the kind of role model I want my kids following.
I had kinda checked out of this thread because of the ongoing debate, but just want to say that this was one of the better posts I've seen written in a while. Objective but very clear. Thanks for that to chew on.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:My mom cheated and left my dad 28 years ago. It has had a life altering impact on the family that will not even begin to discuss in this forum. Morally it is wrong and won't even argue that point.

I had kinda checked out of this thread because of the ongoing debate, but just want to say that this was one of the better posts I've seen written in a while. Objective but very clear. Thanks for that to chew on.
X2! My first wife left me and our four small children about 30 years ago because of an affair with a co-worker. It devastated them and had a long lasting effect on them to this day. One still won't talk to his mom 30 years later and now my grandchildren are missing out on their biological grandma....... not the type of role model the Ducks need. Great post 09!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

X2! My first wife left me and our four small children about 30 years ago because of an affair with a co-worker. It devastated them and had a long lasting effect on them to this day. One still won't talk to his mom 30 years later and now my grandchildren are missing out on their biological grandma....... not the type of role model the Ducks need. Great post 09!
I'm very sorry to hear that happened to you, that must still hurt for you and your children and like you said, had a lasting effect for everyone involved. I don't know you at all, heck for all I know your real name isn't even close to Alan, but I can honestly say you did not deserve to be cheated on. I agree with you and others, stay far away from a coach like that, that's not the role model we want for our young athletes. Real men and women are loyal to their spouses and only leave because of marital unfaithfulness, and they start a new relationship AFTER the divorce is final.
jsfduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jsfduck »

Huh, I am kind of surprised about these comments (in a good way). It seems society in general is taking the "please myself despite the cost" road more than ever, but to read this thread for the most part, I see a lot of comments of what appear to be high character folks not willing to compromise on this threads moral issues. it is refreshing to see.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear that happened to you, that must still hurt for you and your children and like you said, had a lasting effect for everyone involved. I don't know you at all, heck for all I know your real name isn't even close to Alan, but I can honestly say you did not deserve to be cheated on. I agree with you and others, stay far away from a coach like that, that's not the role model we want for our young athletes. Real men and women are loyal to their spouses and only leave because of marital unfaithfulness, and they start a new relationship AFTER the divorce is final.
Thanks for the kind words OF4L! Yes my real name is Alan. While I personally do not still feel effected by my past wife's actions that is untrue, my only pain these days are for my children and my grandchildren...... they are still effected by someone's else's uncontrolled urges and mindless actions many years ago. I stand by my thoughts, not the example for the kids at Oregon. Thanks again!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

jsfduck wrote:Huh, I am kind of surprised about these comments (in a good way). It seems society in general is taking the "please myself despite the cost" road more than ever, but to read this thread for the most part, I see a lot of comments of what appear to be high character folks not willing to compromise on this threads moral issues. it is refreshing to see.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

I did not expect how this thread turned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk