Happy 11 years Ducks Attack!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Re: Happy 11 years Ducks Attack!

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I came over in 2009 as the name would suggest. I was on e duck when Rob Mosely use to post there and TK had invited me here. Who knew at that time I would become a loyal follower and that would include reading more about the ducks recruiting than I did then. Thanks TK for all that have done for the board and continue to do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Is it weird that when I talk about ducks attack, I call it our site?
Haha, same. Sometimes I don't tell people the actual site cause I don't think they'd fit in, I just refer to it as my forum lol
It's true though, there's a certain culture you guys have made here, so it isn't for everyone. Miss ya hines!

Phalanx - Speaking of hines... I can unban him, but doubt he'd just randomly visit the site, so he may be gone for good.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Been here since I was a teenager, still remember how exciting it all was. Thanks for creating this TK. You've done a good thing.
Thanks man. And same for me. I was in my first year of community college when we did this. I remember being in calculus class, checking ducks attack during signing day. Good times...

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
It's true though, there's a certain culture you guys have made here, so it isn't for everyone. Miss ya hines!

Phalanx - Speaking of hines... I can unban him, but doubt he'd just randomly visit the site, so he may be gone for good.
I'm joking about Hines - the guy really only had one go-to line that, while memorable long after his departure, does not actually require his crabby presence in order to be repeated, as we prove here every year. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm not sure why he was banned, but somehow we have pressed on without him.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Phalanx wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I'm joking about Hines - the guy really only had one go-to line that, while memorable long after his departure, does not actually require his crabby presence in order to be repeated, as we prove here every year. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm not sure why he was banned, but somehow we have pressed on without him.
From what I remember, he was arguing with someone and it got very heated and personal. But that could be my beer memory.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He liked to start things with people. Generally, nothing grievous, but it got to a point where it was bothering everyone. So by consensus, we banned him.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

There was never anything overtly egregious, but he was just Debie downer 100% of the time. Didn’t provide anything positive or constructive.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

One of my favorite things that happens on this board is when fans of other teams show up. We get some of the best fans of other teams that come hear. Some even stay for a while.

I remember seeing the link on educk. After I clicked the link, I never looked back.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

ncduck wrote:One of my favorite things that happens on this board is when fans of other teams show up. We get some of the best fans of other teams that come hear. Some even stay for a while.

I remember seeing the link on educk. After I clicked the link, I never looked back.
I agree, I wish we got more fans of other teams. They are always respectful and engaging.
Been here since 2009, this is the best Duck site for me...always the first one I go to. It's like a big family with a ton of crazy uncles lol. Love this place and grateful to have found it!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sorry I'm a little late in wishing C4Q a happy anniversary. I'm back online after having my power out since Monday morning and getting it back within the last 10 minutes. 20 inches of snow was just awful.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Thanks for starting this board and for not charging, you could easily charge and expect most to pay but you still let us enjoy this forum for free and I'm grateful for that. 11 years is a long time! In fact, I like that number, that's how many games Oregon is going to win this upcoming season! And then once Oregon has a great season, then I'll be motivated to post my videos showing highlights of each of Oregon's wins!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Cheers
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

greenyellow wrote:Sorry I'm a little late in wishing C4Q a happy anniversary. I'm back online after having my power out since Monday morning and getting it back within the last 10 minutes. 20 inches of snow was just awful.
That’s rough being without power that long GY. Where are you living that had a power outage and that much snow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckduckgoose wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Sorry I'm a little late in wishing C4Q a happy anniversary. I'm back online after having my power out since Monday morning and getting it back within the last 10 minutes. 20 inches of snow was just awful.
That’s rough being without power that long GY. Where are you living that had a power outage and that much snow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just outside of Eugene in a hilly, rural area at only about 700 feet elevation. I have a backup generator but it's really only big enough to run a couple heaters, a few overhead LED lights and table lamps, and either my living room TV or refrigerator. My sister lives in Eugene and allows me to warm up and take a shower when needed. If all goes well, I should have a bigger generator next year hooked up to a propane tank that'll be able to power most of the essential parts of the house and outbuildings for over a week.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Been here since 08, believe I found this site through eDuck. I still remember during the site's inception when Oregon was playing in Tempe against Arizona State and the game was radio only and we all had the chat going strong. Ducks blew out the Devils that night, I believe!