2%
Very bad and Oregon is in trouble.
No votes

Total votes: 65
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Poll for new DC hire

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I would vote don't know. I do not have any notion whether he is good or not. I was hoping would get a feeling what fans think. People were excited with Levitt when he was hired. I am not getting the same kind of enthusiasm with this hire. I also thought would be hoping for someone with resume of recruiting Texas well. Maybe for defense that was not a huge emphasis as it was for the receiver coach.
Well after the defense we had to watch years prior to Leavitt, it's easy to see why fans were over-excited. While I get what you're saying, I just don't think that's a fair comparison given the timing of when Leavitt and Avalos came in and what they had to follow up.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
UofDuck wrote:I live in Boise and the fan base is very upset. They love this guy and are pissed he’s leaving. They had very high hopes he’d be the next head-coach here. I think we nabbed a good one.
They still think he will be the next head coach there.

No one is hiring Harsin. He's a Richard, and people don't like working with him. BSU is probably stuck with him, and won't fire him because he wins 9+ games a year.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Compare this search and hire to Brady Hoke? That hire sits out for me as the one that ended Helf at Oregon. He had never coached defense. Didn't like to wear a headset. Didn't scheme at all. It is insane that is who Helf chose. Mario has seemingly put so much thought in to coaching records, schemes, recruiting etc.

I like this hire. Young, hungry and ready to bring the heat. If all goes as planned, he'll be with Oregon for only 3 yrs.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

The addition of Avalos is HUGE! My take on it is "if you can't beat them, might as well add some of their mojo to our staff!" BSU owned us in the last LV Bowl game...and Van Der Esch by himself destroyed our offensive game plan. Looking forward to seeing what he'll do to take our defense to the next level!