Feld's results are becoming obvious

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Feld's results are becoming obvious

Post by UofDuck »

Players physiques used to jump off the page from powerhouse programs like Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Ohio St...etc. as compared to Oregon's player builds. The other squads looked so much more stacked. That is no longer true. As I look at pictures of our spring practices this year, it occurs to me that we now look the part. On the hoof, our guys look much more built than previous years.
maxduck
Senior

Re: Feld's results are becoming obvious

Post by maxduck »

Agree. According to USA Today he salary ranks tied for 51st nationally at $200K. Oregon State's S&C coach is 50th at $200,004. :lol: Based on what we can see he probably deserves a bump in pay.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salari ... l/strength
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

$200,000 ? He will be snatched soon if that is so. Give him some money honey.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

rockthief wrote:$200,000 ? He will be snatched soon if that is so. Give him some money honey.

I agree he's as valuable as most assistants.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

He's proving himself to be a commodity of value. A pay raise, or even a large bump in his bonus potential is appropriate.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Even the dumbass Irele Oderinde is making 270k at FSU
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Justin Hollins is the player last year that jumped off the page to me and his play stood out on the field as a result of it. He also tested around the 2nd best EDGE when you combine all the different tests.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:Justin Hollins is the player last year that jumped off the page to me and his play stood out on the field as a result of it. He also tested around the 2nd best EDGE when you combine all the different tests.
Hollins was a freak out of high school. Dude ran a 10.8 100m as a high school junior. We would have noticed sooner but he battled injuries for a long while. I think Feld is good but just don't think that's the data point to prove it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Justin Hollins is the player last year that jumped off the page to me and his play stood out on the field as a result of it. He also tested around the 2nd best EDGE when you combine all the different tests.
Hollins was a freak out of high school. Dude ran a 10.8 100m as a high school junior. We would have noticed sooner but he battled injuries for a long while. I think Feld is good but just don't think that's the data point to prove it.
I meant how he was able to put functional weight/size on him that he never had. Hollins was thick this past season
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Any one know why the Iowa S&C coach is paid so much? What's even more perplexing is his salary in comparison to their program's low total assistant coaches' salary pool.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

alxtw wrote:Any one know why the Iowa S&C coach is paid so much? What's even more perplexing is his salary in comparison to their program's low total assistant coaches' salary pool.
Is he?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

alxtw wrote:Any one know why the Iowa S&C coach is paid so much? What's even more perplexing is his salary in comparison to their program's low total assistant coaches' salary pool.
Probably the same reason that Kirk Ferentz hasn't gone anywhere - they pay for the stability and the constant winning seasons they get. You could argue as an outsider that Ferentz is overpaid but he's brought the program stability and success and they've paid accordingly as a result. Without him at the helm, its hard to see Iowa as being a better program without a big time Booster.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

9th in the Pac-12. He definitely needs a bump.
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

He's a good recruiting tool as well. Sports shows are going to talk about him every year. He has high energy, something young competitors want in a program. He's worth the money.