NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by TualatinDuck »

Welcome lakesbison, never too early to get the trash talk going!

Honestly you'll find this board is far more grounded in reality and will have serious discussions about the game the closer it gets.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

GrandpaDuck wrote:We are nearly impossible to defend.

One play we'll run in the left "A" gap and then the next we might run in the right "B" gap!!!!!! (though likely it with be right "A" gap again because you'll guess we are going to run the trick play of going all the way out to the "B" gap and we'll trick your trick anticipation by not tricking you). It will be hopeless for you and all your bases will be ours.
Stop giving away Arroyo's playbook! It would take Monte Kiffin, Rex Ryan, and Dick LeBeau months of watching our offense to figure that out and you're just gifting it to guys who already can't stop winning championships.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Argh! These are my two favorite football teams. Bison are giant killers.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rockthief wrote:Argh! These are my two favorite football teams. Bison are giant killers.
Also make for some delicious nachos.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Lakesbison wrote:2020 will be here before you know it.

NDSU v OREGON.

Bison v a duck ... Easy Win here for NDSU..... of you could Buyout & hand us a Million & schedule Southern Oregon instead.

Will you have a QB after hebert? Has your stadium handled 10,000 opposing fans in it?
Welcome to Ducksattack forum :) That is a good question about QB situation, I believe in Tyler Shough with the possibility of Cale Millen complete with Tyler. Should be an interesting game :)
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Looking forward to this game. Hope your town is nicer than Seattle, a run down dangerous s**t hole cast upon its own political petard. I did graduate from NDSU but do not support the university in any way. I feel universities are institutions that have lost their way and depreciated their function beyond recognition. The football spectacle is part of the decay and I am part of the football spectacle. However, I do not give any money to the Bison. I pulled that support too as the terrible decline in the value of the universities became clear.

One of the great pleasures of college football is prognostication. In my early days I started to think about the outcomes and how reliable Sagarin/Massey/5 Dimes and others could be. So, I begain development on a mathamatical model that would reliably predict football games. Over the years I came up with the GAM. Its based on several secret but profound relationships found in the game statistics. These relationships are poweful predictors of a teams relative strengths and therefore the probable outcomes of any given match up. Of course its not perfect because of the any given Saturday phenomena.

The GAM, or Game Analyzing Mechanism for short, has evolved into a reliable predictor for football games. It gives you a leg up when prognosticating. Last season it showed the Ducks and Bison in close matches week in and week out. The Bison had a slight edge the entire year. This year the GAM results will begin to be predictive of the 2020 game. A big game indeed.

I will keep you posted during the season so you to will know week by week which team has the edge for next seasons big game! I don't condone gambling in any way and only mention this as a warning but many people do use the GAM for their wagers on 5 dimes. I myself never wager or dance and recommend you follow my lead.

Im also looking for 2 tickets to the big game. Its early yet so Im not in a hurry but would like to have them locked down about this time next year. I may wait until the university releases the tickets. I got $50 tickets for the big Iowa game from the University. Otherwise it will be an on-line ticket exchange unless a ticket holder wants to sell a couple. I dont know what kind of unofficial ticket exchange happens at the stadium? For this one I would like tickets in hand. I believe your stadium will be packed. I will be watching the action on your board exchange too.

Good luck to the Ducks and the best to all the Duck fans. This game will be a lot of fun.

As of 11/20/2018 the last reading from the GAM on this game it is:

NDSU Bison 31 Oregon Ducks 24.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

JBB wrote:Looking forward to this game. Hope your town is nicer than Seattle, a run down dangerous s**t hole cast upon its own political petard. I did graduate from NDSU but do not support the university in any way. I feel universities are institutions that have lost their way and depreciated their function beyond recognition. The football spectacle is part of the decay and I am part of the football spectacle. However, I do not give any money to the Bison. I pulled that support too as the terrible decline in the value of the universities became clear.

One of the great pleasures of college football is prognostication. In my early days I started to think about the outcomes and how reliable Sagarin/Massey/5 Dimes and others could be. So, I begain development on a mathamatical model that would reliably predict football games. Over the years I came up with the GAM. Its based on several secret but profound relationships found in the game statistics. These relationships are poweful predictors of a teams relative strengths and therefore the probable outcomes of any given match up. Of course its not perfect because of the any given Saturday phenomena.

The GAM, or Game Analyzing Mechanism for short, has evolved into a reliable predictor for football games. It gives you a leg up when prognosticating. Last season it showed the Ducks and Bison in close matches week in and week out. The Bison had a slight edge the entire year. This year the GAM results will begin to be predictive of the 2020 game. A big game indeed.

I will keep you posted during the season so you to will know week by week which team has the edge for next seasons big game! I don't condone gambling in any way and only mention this as a warning but many people do use the GAM for their wagers on 5 dimes. I myself never wager or dance and recommend you follow my lead.

Im also looking for 2 tickets to the big game. Its early yet so Im not in a hurry but would like to have them locked down about this time next year. I may wait until the university releases the tickets. I got $50 tickets for the big Iowa game from the University. Otherwise it will be an on-line ticket exchange unless a ticket holder wants to sell a couple. I dont know what kind of unofficial ticket exchange happens at the stadium? For this one I would like tickets in hand. I believe your stadium will be packed. I will be watching the action on your board exchange too.

Good luck to the Ducks and the best to all the Duck fans. This game will be a lot of fun.

As of 11/20/2018 the last reading from the GAM on this game it is:

NDSU Bison 31 Oregon Ducks 24.
This just in-Chance to win the presidency in 2016- Clinton 96%, Trump 4%.

Ducks 45, Bison 28
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Just give it a try, I'll bet you like it!
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

That prediction reminds me of the days you could get NDSU +45 against the Gophers! :lol:

The Trump victory was easy to predict. The press is so dishonest and prejudice. I didn't need the GAM to see Trump was drawing crowds in the tens of thousands and Hiillary was working with half full high school gyms. Her vote total kind of points to corruption at the polls. There was money to be made on that election, all you had to do was see the truth, take the odds and bet on Trump!

Thats why I invented the GAM. I was tired of guessing on games or reading the paper to see what others were guessing. I wanted to take the guess work out.

As this season unfolds it will set the stage for the big game. Everything you see on the field from the NDSU players and coaches will be part of the grand plan. They are setting the Ducks up. The off-field game is well under way.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

To be honest, I don't expect a ticket to this game to be too hard to come by.

Our fans will all be clamoring/worried about Ohio State the next week. I know that NDSU is better than Bowling Green, but last year we started off against them and tickets could easily be had for 40-60 bucks. I would expect to pay 50-75 for this game. Away fans will be sitting around sections 38-40
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

No politics .....please!

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Ugh!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Welcome JBB. Look forward to seeing the GAM results.

As bighonking said, let's not go down the politics rabbit hole.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Lakesbison
One Star Recruit

Post by Lakesbison »

TualatinDuck wrote:Welcome lakesbison, never too early to get the trash talk going!

Honestly you'll find this board is far more grounded in reality and will have serious discussions about the game the closer it gets.
good to know.

NDSU QB situation will determine the NDSU/OREGON game.

last 2 NDSU QB's Carson Wentz Philly and 5th round LA Chargers pick Easton Stick were bonafide ballers.

QB Trey Lance turned down Boise State and Minnesota for NDSU , so hopefully he is a sophomore and ready to go vs you guys!
Barney
High School Drop Out

Post by Barney »

Looking forward to the trip to Oregon. I would love to see the mighty Bison win just one more P5 contest. I'd guess realistically we'll see 5,000 or so Bison make the trip. I just wonder what colors to wear? Any Ducks help us on that?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Barney wrote:Looking forward to the trip to Oregon. I would love to see the mighty Bison win just one more P5 contest. I'd guess realistically we'll see 5,000 or so Bison make the trip. I just wonder what colors to wear? Any Ducks help us on that?
A valid question. I don't think the we'll know the "assigned" Duck Fan color for the game until the tickets arrive in 2020 but we'll be sure to let you know. You could solve the green or yellow dilemma by wearing a bison fur cape. That would leave no doubt as to your allegiance.