NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by JBB »

Which is the student section? This site gives you a view from seats in each section:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Autze ... /sections/

will other fans be able to move into the unused seats in the student section?
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

RJ Young speaks out: Sneaky tough schedule for Oregon including NDSU and Ohio State in the same month! Alabama said no. LSU said no. Clemson said no. Oregon said yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95OiiG ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by JBB on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Its on twitter and Bison Report but you get to see some excellent downfield blocking by the NDSU offensive line:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BisonReport/ ... 2163202%2F
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Hey! What a surprise. All the hard work paid off. Nice to see the board back.

There has been a lot of talk about this game on You Tube. It’s probably not going to happen but people are checking in. The comment sections are active too. worth a read. Many of you may have seen these already but for those who may not have

SPORTS CHAT 503
this guy is really good. If your a Ducks fan and not watching him you should. Knowledgeable and good delivery

https://youtu.be/Y2YPLIpHL-Q

Could North Dakota State Pull One Of The Greatest Upsets In College Football History

https://youtu.be/Kp2M_JfC6vQ

A Preview of The Oregon Schedule

https://youtu.be/uj8PN7PJIE0

There is a lot more on Oregon at you tube
Last edited by JBB on Wed May 27, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

After going through the Bison Lore the only situation I can find similar to this game is back in 1966 when the Bison travelled to San Diego to play the Aztecs on Nov 5.

The Bison were on a 27 game winning streak, defending national champions and had won 38 of the last 39 games. This was small college vs major college football. There was no FCS, FBS, D2 etc. I believe The Bison had 45 scholarships and felt they were invincible. The fans certainly did and a victory was widely predicted.

The Herd was never in that game and lost 36-0 suffering some major injuries in that devastating loss. They had the stuffing knocked out of them and luckily it was near the end of the season. They lost the next week and took the winter off before coming back strong returning to their winning ways.

There was no GAM then so I don’t know what was supposed to happen but I do know the NDSU football dynasty was in its infancy. They had scheduled over their head. They never did that again. They also learned the importance of strength and conditioning. A huge emphasis now. There were no NFL quality players on the Bison roster and the Aztec team speed shut down the option that NDSU was running. They played at a physical level The Bison hadn’t seen.

NDSU has a long history of playing major colleges with no wins through the San Diego game. Since then a lot has changed and The Bison program has shown it is competitive in the major college ranks with the wins to prove it.

That’s why most Bison fans are optimistic about this game Oregon is the best team in modern football NDSU has faced. Iowa used to hold that distinction. Before that was Kansas State and there were others before that. This game has all the signs of a big game. A classic. That’s why so much national interest in this game. It will be A huge loss to college football if it isn’t played.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

It’s game on at North Dakota State. The Herd is gathering on the Northern Plains.
Bisonator98
Bisonville Hall of Fame

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Football team will start on campus workouts next week. Soccer and VB on 6/8. MB & WB on 6/15.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

If NDSU is willing and able to play and Oregon calls the game for any reason it looks like non performance and penalties would have to be paid to NDSU. Keeping the game on track is the best for everyone. If it should be cancelled there is talk of a home/home with the Gophers. I guess NDSU would take US Bank if it’s still standing

The rumor started in the local paper:
What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?”

Kolpack wrote: “If the pandemic reaches the point where both teams have their schedules altered to conference games only, make it a true home-and-home.”

“This might come as a surprise, but North Dakota and the Gophers have played three times, with the Bison winning twice.”

I must have missed this in the Forum but that’s where it started …
FL is already open and MN opens Monday so that game will happen. Lots of tickets already sold. People are fed up. I think these are needed money games so a lot of them may happen with or without sanctioning from the NCAA
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

The Minneapolis Star Tribune is now talking about NDSU playing the Gophers.
So what happens if college football schedules get hastily altered because of travel restrictions and the uncertain nature of college sports during the pandemic?

A Fargo sports reporter has an idea: What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?

What if the Gophers and North Dakota State got on the front end of the talk about regional rescheduling and turned words into action by playing each other that weekend?
Apparently it’s 2 games to start and end the season.
Kolpack continued: “This year is about survival in so many ways. Gophers vs. Bison, one game to open the season in September and the other to end the regular season.”
The Star Tribune goes on to say
Oregon would be the biggest playing-up challenge for the Bison. But Minnesota, coming off its Outback Bowl-winning season, would make a fine surrogate if that can't happen.
It would be a big deal in the region
More from Kolpack: “It could be a pay-per-view extravaganza in the line of those professional boxing events like Tyson vs. Spinks. … Bison vs. Gophers wouldn't be in that revenue ballpark but it would be an all-day affair. I’m sure there would be problems with each team’s TV contract but if we get to this point, anything would be on the table in the name of athletic program survival."
https://www.startribune.com/pandemic-fo ... fresh=true

The Gophers have lost 2 of the last 3 to The Bison. They are owned by NDSU in the upper Midwest. For them no matter what they accomplish it’s always “yea but the Bison.” Sooner or later they have to play. NDSU Bison have their mo-Jo. This would be a money maker.

I say for NDSUs end they keep it gritty. If the game can’t be played at The Fabulous Fargo Dome defend Target Field. It’s smaller than Autzen I think and certainly smaller than USBank but it has. a Dacotah Field atmosphere.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I so enjoyed 17 days of not looking at Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Can you hide a thread? I know you can hide a poster but I’m wondering if I can just not see this obnoxious thread again.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Can you hide a thread? I know you can hide a poster but I’m wondering if I can just not see this obnoxious thread again.
Haha! I've been tempted to move it to the other guys thread actually.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Can you hide a thread? I know you can hide a poster but I’m wondering if I can just not see this obnoxious thread again.
BUT THE GAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Looking at last years Montana game the Griz stopped the Ducks offense 7 times and allowed 5 scores. That Ducks offense now has a new line and a new QB.

The NDSU defense is better than Montana by more than a little. Expect at least 2 more stops by NDSU taking away 14 points. That leaves 21 possible points.

Expect at least 1 of the remaining possessions to end in a FG. Possible Ducks score now 17. Although the GAM says a possible 27 for Oregon that is starting to look like a statistical top for Oregon’s points.

Expect the Ducks to score between 17 and 30..The over under right now is 49. When the lines start coming out watch the over under. If it’s higher than 49 you will want to consider the under. Vice-versa of course. Ultimately what we do will depend on the juice. Right now most propositions on open games is 129 across the boards. You need to put up 120 to win 100 on any proposition any team.

Odds have remained unchanged too so I don’t know if there is any action on college football right now?

FOOTNOTE:

GAM logistics has not completed work on the Jabri Cox adjustment. For the time being it’s +3 for Oregon. Using the adjustment Oregon’s probable scoring range is 20-26. However the debate rages because of the turn over on the Ducks offense. Remember if using the adjustment the over under pivot is 52.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
It’s too bad you could not have been more selective on which data was lost when this site went down!