Colt again! Sad story

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Colt again! Sad story

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I think the biggest thing to know about Lyerla is that the UofO really tried to help him, even after he left the program. There were people who wanted to help him, yet he refused every time. That to me says more about his foolish decision making than his current addictions to drugs.
Yeah, because he's a drug addict with problems.
Seriously 07, most of us know the only way for an addict to get help is to want help. Like Rockthief, I have had family members in trouble, the ones who got better and healed were the ones who wanted help and accepted help. The mind of an addict is a strong influence. The first step Is to know you have a problem want to change.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Colt again! Sad story

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I think the biggest thing to know about Lyerla is that the UofO really tried to help him, even after he left the program. There were people who wanted to help him, yet he refused every time. That to me says more about his foolish decision making than his current addictions to drugs.
Yeah, because he's a drug addict with problems.
Seriously 07, most of us know the only way for an addict to get help is to want help. Like Rockthief, I have had family members in trouble, the ones who got better and healed were the ones who wanted help and accepted help. The mind of an addict is a strong influence. The first step Is to know you have a problem want to change.
My directness is not a lack of empathy - it's more about those who seem to be confused why a drug addict refused help when it was offered repeatedly. It's 2019, if you don't know someone who has been a junkie at some point in their lives you're an outlier.